Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noise on right side when i shift gears sitting idle hard to get in gears sometimes. Netural almost impossible to get in when running. Will go right into netural with engine not running. Can any one help. Any transmissions problems out there. Something to do with right amount of oil.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Sounds like clutch maybe. If it shifts fine off, but not good running, clutch might be dragging a little. Does bike try to move or jerk any while idling in gear with clutch pulled?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
you may have too much freeplay in the clutch cable, causing clutch not to engage fully when pulled in. i like mine with 1/8 of freeplay or a smudge tighter.:xx:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
dantheTRXman700,
I agree completely with tbird88. Probably a simple clutch adjustment. Look at your manual if you have any concerns about the dimensions but tbird is right on.
Sid

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
dantheTRXman700,
I agree completely with tbird88. Probably a simple clutch adjustment. Look at your manual if you have any concerns about the dimensions but tbird is right on.
Sid
If this doesn't work then I would check the the shifter shaft linkage inside the motor. Its a PITA to get to ,as you have to remove the clutch basket. Chances are you may have bent it. Try the easy stuff first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts