Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The government has been borrowing money from Social Security for some time now... to the tune of $2.5 trillion. They've given Social Security IOUs for the money in the form of US Treasury Bonds. For many years, Social Security took in more money than it paid out... However, now as the baby boomers retire, they pay out much more than they take in and they need that borrowed money back. Thing is that Treasury Bonds mature... become due, at a given time. For much of that borrowed money, that time is NOW... with interest.
The government knew when they borrowed the money that they'd have to pay it back with interest at a specific time. However, as far as I know, they have not made ANY plans to actually pay it back. I'm a baby boomer and where does that shit leave me?... No, screw that... I paid out into Social Security for all my life and that's MY money! I'm gonna want my fricking money and don't want to hear any crap about IOUs.

rant off.

roadkill

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
How do you think I feel? I am 25 and I will still be paying SS all my life and I might not see a dime of it. You might be able to pull a little out before they screw you over

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
i think to help the economy the gov't should make a quads road ligal in all states...more ppl would buy them and with ppl spending money that helps the economy.....my 2 cents.... and i wouldent have to buy a truck next year (cars are no good in the snow)

·
Registered
296 Posts
road kill- this is were it leves you and me, on the trail , out of gas.out of oil. and four flats. im gona be 53 in may. this wole goverment is getting out of hand........

·
Registered
788 Posts
I have heard rumors about the government actually talking about borrowing from personal and private 401k and IRA. They promise to pay a percent back to you but all I know is i am gonna stick all my money in the mattress and get it out of the banks.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To tie this in with another thread... The money that's been spent on the war in Iraq so far could've been used to pay back Social Security in full.

Oh yeah, the President has just signed a "jobs" bill... a whole $17.5 billion!
I mean a big WTF!! This is after 2 stimulus packages that total $1.5 trillion... that didn't do shit except to line the pockets of the fat cats and bail out wall street and banks. Give the CEOs big bonuses for sinking their own ships. It didn't do a fucking thing to help the average person stay in their homes or feel even a little more secure. Part of these stimulus packages were to stabilize the economy and part of them were for projects at local levels that created jobs. Did this create ANY new jobs in your area? And now, the government expects us to believe that another $17.5 billion is going to be different and actually create jobs??

rant off
Sorry for my use of the "F" bomb in the post.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
The only way to create jobs is to get companies to stop outsourcing everything! But it starts from the top and our nut lacking president is a bad example...

"Reports are that the White House is all set to launch a counter-attack to try and fend off the rapidly mounting congressional criticism of the Government's proposals to outsource the American manned space missions to the country's private sector. The proposal to outsource many of NASA's current major manned explorations has managed to spark much criticism, opposition and controversy because of all the job losses that would happen as a result."

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Most of the "jobs" that were created were temporary for those few who actually got them. This government is a joke. I have talked to many people who have never seen the economy this bad and are generally scared for us younger people who will have to deal with the problems that are ahead of us. At least we know that SS isn't going to be there for us and to take the proper precautions to retire when we actually get there. I am ready to start riding to Canada if needed.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
I did the same and moved from NY to Ohio. What a difference 10 hrs will do. 5 bucks huh? I'm game.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Maybe we should make it 10 apiece, who knows where this country will be in four years.

·
Registered
174 Posts
THATS A GOOD POINT.....THIS COUNTRY IN 4YRS..........:eek:hno::eek:hno:
LEAST WE'D HAVE A PLACE TO MIGRATE TO...:yay:

·
Registered
579 Posts
For now, why dont we just go to dagirls' place in NC & make us a nice track & rip it up? save her from paying lot clearing fees down the road

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.