Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone painted their rims or is it easier and better to get them powder coated? If you painted them how did you do it and what type paint did you use? How did it hold up?

·
Registered
481 Posts
You paint steel rims not aluminum.
Powder coating ally is a wide spread practice as it prevents oxidisation..
I personally wouldnt do quad wheels though as mine get scratched to hell off roading but more friendly use i cant see a problem with it as many european quad bike "road only" riders do it..

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've painted my wheels and have been holding for more than 2 years. It all depends on prep work you do on your wheels.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Painting is fine. May require a touch up here and there, but just fine.

Mav

·
Registered
381 Posts
Yup,
prev owner bent the crap out of the stock and painted them flat black.
my son thought it looked "uncool" so we painted over it Gold. washed off the dirt and sprayed on the crylon. 5 months and only peeled off where I bent it using a large rock. Yes I really need new rims lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
I powder coated mine and they are holding up fine. I would say they are just as durable as the finish that came on them stock. I had to bake them twice because I couldn't cover the whole rim and fit it in the oven but other than that it was simple. Here is a pic. I am going to do the hubs next

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
I like the "blinK" I get with my Gold ones. LOL

"blink" is Bling but with a WTF is that? look.
yup just made it up lol

·
Registered
197 Posts
I painted my stock wheels red and black with some dupli-color paint shop paint in the quarts. and it seems to be holding up pretty good so far. will have to put them back on this summer and ride it with them on for a month or so and see what happens.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts