Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my fully stock 700 has just recently been messing up. It has always had a slow start to it, but recently acted as if the battery was going dead. It would start when jumped, and would start after it was warm. Now, however it will not start at all by the switch. It turns the starter but acts as if the compression is to high to turn the motor over. it will start when dragged. when its cold, it will blow black smoke as if it's flooding itself. once warm, it runs great, but still has to be pull started. could it be valves, decompression switch, Cam?

·
Registered
239 Posts
battery is weak! if these engines dont turn over fast enough they flood out.... get new battery from wally world or ebay for cheapest

·
Registered
481 Posts
I can leave mine outside in the cold for 5 weeks with a datatool 4 alarm active and it will still start straight away.
Stall it when out riding, push the starter and the same symptoms as described above happen, its like the starter is not quite powerfull enough?
It has always been like this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It has a brand new battery in it....that's what I thought the problem was. got a 165 cranking amp motobatt online. The old battery checks out good also.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Mine used to do that when it warmed up when I first bought it but I haven't noticed it lately.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just did some mods to mine and now I am having the same issue. After putting in an 11:1 piston, stage 1 cam exhaust, programmer and air filter. It was running fine for the first two times I took it out and now it won’t even jump start. I can pull start it and it runs great but if I shut it off I got to get pull started again. There is a ticking noise at the top where the cam is so I think I need to replace the auto-decompression mechanism. I can’t find anyone that sells just the auto-decompression mechanism. Don’t want to buy the stock cam just for the auto-decompression mechanism and find out that is not the problem

1 - 8 of 8 Posts