Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rockhouse and Bearwallow will again be next on the list of places to dominate for the 700xx beast! Anyone planning on going in April?

I'm curious to know if anyone has been there late March or early April. I wondering how cold it was and if there was snow or any changes for this year concerning the trails.

Staying at Hawk's River Front cabins in Gilbert. Awesome place and highly recommended. Be sure to read the rider's log book there.

·
Registered
755 Posts
We go in April every year. Its normally upper 60's or lower 70's. It can range from muddy to dusty depending on weather but never snow. We're staying at the Hatfield treehouse and riverside flat from the 13th to 17th.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool. We have gone 2x before in April and the weather was what you said. I just have a gut feeling that it's going to be freezing this time.

How are those 2 places to stay? Nice?

I recommend Hawk's in Gilbert.. been to about 5 places in the whole trailhead system and Hawk's Riverfront Cabin was by far the nicest. It's roomy.. can sleep 8, new inside, off-road parking, clean, plenty of space for a trailor, and a pressurewasher and air hose.. that's just pimp.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Cool. We have gone 2x before in April and the weather was what you said. I just have a gut feeling that it's going to be freezing this time.

How are those 2 places to stay? Nice?

I recommend Hawk's in Gilbert.. been to about 5 places in the whole trailhead system and Hawk's Riverfront Cabin was by far the nicest. It's roomy.. can sleep 8, new inside, off-road parking, clean, plenty of space for a trailor, and a pressurewasher and air hose.. that's just pimp.
I looked at the 10day weather for gilbert and it says 70,71 degrees so it shouldn't be that bad. This will be the 3rd year staying at this place and stayed at bearwallow previous years. It has eveything you ever need. Plasma tvs, cable tv, wifi, outdoor gas grills, full kitchen with pots and pans, washers and dryers, many bathrooms and even towel service. You don't even need to bring sheets or stuff like that, just food and beverage. Here's the links to the place. We have 18 people going and renting both up and downstairs.

http://www.thehatfieldhouse.com/RiverSideFlat.html
http://www.thehatfieldhouse.com/RivrSideTreeHouse.html

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow. That place rocks. Very, very nice.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Damn can i sleep on the floor? lol
Haha I don't know about that but the best thing is were about 500ft away from a trail that takes you right to trail 12 and its about $30 per person per night.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$30/per night is a great price and being 500ft away is sweet. At Hawk's, were about 500ft away too from trail 12.

·
Registered
755 Posts
its snowin here right now but supposed to warm up soon I'm about an hour away from there when is everyone coming in and do you mind some company on the trails a day or two
Company would be great! We will be at pinnacle on the 14th and rockhouse on the 15th and 16th.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I might be able to come to rockhouse on Saturday. Could I park my truck by your alls at the treehouse?
Yea it should be fine, I'll have to ask my dad lol

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
I might be able to come to rockhouse on Saturday. Could I park my truck by your alls at the treehouse?
My dad doesn't have problem with you going and I can't speak for everyone else but I don't think they would care either. We have a total of 6 trucks and trailers that will take up a lot of room but if you just have a truck I'm sure we can fit it in somewhere.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll be at Rockhouse on the 15th and Bearwallow on the 16th. We have my black/silver 700xx, a yellow ltz 400, and a 4x4 in our group. Small numbers for this trip, but make sure you give us the ole #1 sign if you see us! haha

1 - 20 of 40 Posts