Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that we finally have a quad for every member of the family, we finalized out Hatfield trip. Going down 4/17 and coming back 4/24. We are staying in Gilbert and will spend at least the first few days on Rockhouse.

Anyone have any tips, recommendations, etc...? This is our first "quad-cation" so I'm looking for advice on anything and everything. ;) I'll be bringing a full set of tools, enough oil and filters to do multiple changes, air filters, spark plugs, battery charger...and anything else I can think of that we might need. Will alos bring LOTS of rain gear and we'll just hope we don't need it.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
We loved staying in Gilbert! Whose property are you staying at? Rockhouse was a great trail except for the rain... it lived up to the name and it felt like you were going to slide off the mountain because of the rocks...we rode the road home instead since it was raining so hard. There are lots of ATV places in town if you forget something. Its awesome to be able to ride your quad everywhere with out any trouble and the people are very friendly. You and your family are going to have a blast! We are going down again in June with some people from this site so should be a great time! I would suggest to remember to have money with you on the trails since you can go into the towns at the trail heads. Also they make label trails as hard by skill but mostly mud from what we were told by the locals when we were there...seemed to be true but we plan on hitting harder trails this time. You can download the maps of each trail before you leave for the trip just check the board at each trail head before you start to see if any of that trail was closed. And don't forget a camera breath taking views on some of the trails!

Oh and we loved Wallys for breakfast!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I knew you'd be the first to reply! :D Thanks for the tips! We're staying at the Pete and Lillian Fox house: http://www.blankenshiprentals.com/pete__lillian_fox_house

I saw Wally's listed on the restaurant list! Just the name made us want to try it out...lol.

Another question…I have the Barker exhaust w/ quiet core on my XX. To me, it sounds loud as hell. I know it’s dB rating is supposed to be low enough but should I bring my stock exhaust along just in case? How are the “trail-police”?

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
I knew you'd be the first to reply! :D Thanks for the tips! We're staying at the Pete and Lillian Fox house: http://www.blankenshiprentals.com/pete__lillian_fox_house

I saw Wally's listed on the restaurant list! Just the name made us want to try it out...lol.

Another question…I have the Barker exhaust w/ quiet core on my XX. To me, it sounds loud as hell. I know it’s dB rating is supposed to be low enough but should I bring my stock exhaust along just in case? How are the “trail-police”?
Your knew it eh!!!I didnt think I was that predictable... breakfast was a good meal we really didn't eat lunch but dinner lets just say I never wanted to see fried bologna again! lol We ended up going to the food store and cooking a few nights...

We didnt see not one person who checked the exhaust but it was Oct... there where some loud quads on the trails. Doesnt the Barker have something to make it quieter? I would think that would be much easier then changing exhausts..if not its not a bad idea to bring it just incase..

After hearing phuchnutz's I agree the throaty sound of the barker was louder than I expected!! What is the rating on it?

Thats looks like a nice place to stay!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not predictable, just helpful! :)

I looked into the complete rules doc they have posted. Looks like I should be fine, but I'm gonna throw the stock exhaust in the car just for peace of mind:

5.4. No person shall operate any ATV or motorcycle after it has been determined that the vehicle emits noise in excess of 96dBA at 20 inches using the SAE J1287 (July 1998) test procedure until the vehicle's exhaust system has been repaired or modified and the vehicle has been retested to show compliance with the noise standard

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did read that we need to have "ATV insurance" to drive on the roads. I need to look into it. Do most car insurance companies provide that?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Some insurance companies like mine will let you just add them on to your home owners policy. It covered everything the same as a seperate policy would and it was 1/2 the price. I use Country Financial

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
If this is one of your first time riding then I would go to Pinnacle Creek, their trails are much easier and wider than Rockhouse so if someone in your family haven't done that much trail riding, that would be the first place to ride then I would hit Rockhouse but like Dagirl stated; Rockhouse is very slippery when wet and is on the side of mountains so you would have to be careful. If it's dry then you will have fun.
As for the DB level, they check if it's 96 but since you are going there so early in the season, doubt that you'll be bother, now as for us going in June, they will be out there so we will need to watch for them.

If you have time; hit the Buffalo Mtn trail which is real nice then you can go into KY on the road from the Matewan wv trailhead.

Have as much fun as we did last year!

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Don't forget your Camelback with water/alcohol in it and some snacks.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Not predictable, just helpful! :)

I looked into the complete rules doc they have posted. Looks like I should be fine, but I'm gonna throw the stock exhaust in the car just for peace of mind:

5.4. No person shall operate any ATV or motorcycle after it has been determined that the vehicle emits noise in excess of 96dBA at 20 inches using the SAE J1287 (July 1998) test procedure until the vehicle's exhaust system has been repaired or modified and the vehicle has been retested to show compliance with the noise standard
Last year there were some guys with real loud bikes on the trails and no one stop them; even at the trailheads where there are employees. So basically; ride as long as you can :yay:

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lol...the wife can be tour guide! Me = wasted! j/k :D

Can't wait, I get more excited the closer it gets! Gonna order a set of Razr Rears/Razr2 fronts tomorrow. Already ordered a bunch of Uni filters for all the bikes and will be picking up oil and supplies from the local stealer tomorrow. Also gonna jet the 2 250's to take advantage of the filters/air box mods.

Woohooo!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ummm...16....yah...that's it. Technically, they are 15 and their ATV's are 16 and up. One looks 21 already and the other can pass for 16 easily. Sucks to have to lie about it, but I don't agree with the "government know what's best for me" philosophy.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
We saw younger kids riding there last year so you'll be ok.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Thorsky, Have a great time!!

Nash, man now we are gonna have to change that saying " Whats in your wallet?" to..... "Whats in your camelback?":lmao:

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
I don't drink so you will only see water in my camelback. 20 years ago....yeah! Baby!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts