Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone on here ride on the Hatfield McCoy trailheads in WV? My friends and I usually go twice a year, once in the fall and once in the spring. I think Rockhouse and Bearwallow are the best trailheads to ride because they are the most challenging. I haven't gone down with the 700xx yet, but I just booked our fall trip.

Anyone try any black/red trails with the 700xx? The IRS will be a huge factor down there because of the rocks.

Also, my friends and I try to look for the 'outlaw' trails. Those are the local trails that connect to the real trails. Where are they???

I have some good recommendations on trails and places to stay if anyone needs them.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Thanks for the info, we went last year and had fun with the 700xx, did not have any problems on any trails. We are heading back in June for a week and this time we will hit Indian Ridge and Burning Rocks. Last year we did ride with some locals and they do have some "outlaw" trails and they are nice, we are going to try and meet up with some locals again this year since supposedly they have a whole bunch of trails.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the info we are going there for the first time on june 25th thu 27th looking forward to it

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info, we went last year and had fun with the 700xx, did not have any problems on any trails. We are heading back in June for a week and this time we will hit Indian Ridge and Burning Rocks. Last year we did ride with some locals and they do have some "outlaw" trails and they are nice, we are going to try and meet up with some locals again this year since supposedly they have a whole bunch of trails.
What is Burning Rocks? Never been there. I just did Indian Ridge a couple months ago. It wasn't bad.. very scenic. Trails 93 and 98 are the best ones there. Definitely hit them.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info we are going there for the first time on june 25th thu 27th looking forward to it
What trailheads are you going to?

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Here's a link for them http://www.burningrockwv.com/off-road-trails-101
Thanks for the info about the trails.
Orancher....we'll be there during that time frame, perhaps we could meet up. Read the first post and this is where we'll be staying for the week

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's a link for them http://www.burningrockwv.com/off-road-trails-101
Thanks for the info about the trails.
Orancher....we'll be there during that time frame, perhaps we could meet up. Read the first post and this is where we'll be staying for the week
Nash, post some comments on the Burningrock place. I just looked at the website and seems pretty decent. I'm curious about the black diamond trails and how they compare to the black and black/red at Hatfield. Also, where are you staying? Expensive?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
BLK84

We haven't been to BR yet, this will be our first time this year and last year we did not hit any black trails @ Hatfield. As for the cost, need to ask Dagirl71 since she's our travel agent, lol!

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Nash, post some comments on the Burningrock place. I just looked at the website and seems pretty decent. I'm curious about the black diamond trails and how they compare to the black and black/red at Hatfield. Also, where are you staying? Expensive?

Thanks.
we are staying in wills place and crane brake... great pricing why you want to come down???

phucknutz has ridden burning rock before he could tell you about it now...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
ok Orancher and Aubfans are coming with us... lol
they will be there fri thru sun... guess we should ask what trails they woul like to ride fri sat? lol
We basically can hit any trails they want to try even if we already went, it's ok!

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BLK84

We haven't been to BR yet, this will be our first time this year and last year we did not hit any black trails @ Hatfield. As for the cost, need to ask Dagirl71 since she's our travel agent, lol!
Hope you guys have fun. Post some comments though on what you think about the trails, especially the black ones if you go on them. Looks like a fun place.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
we are staying in wills place and crane brake... great pricing why you want to come down???

phucknutz has ridden burning rock before he could tell you about it now...
I'll definitely ask him. When are you guys going down? My buddies and I usually plan a spring trip and a fall trip to WV. Might be worth going down soon based on the website.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
I went to the rockhouse this April and went up trail 95 (Red/Black) no problem. Just keep it in 1st and tractor your way up. The 13T sprocket helped a lot and mite have stalled twice with out it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts