Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our riding group is looking at taking a trip later this year. We have been to Hatfield McCoy and loved it. We are also looking at Brimstone, Royal Blue, and Coal Creek, but have never been to any of the three.

Given the choice between Hatfield McCoy or the other three together, what are some opinions of people who have been to all?

Either trip would be a week long. It is 7 hours to Hatfield McCoy and 6.5 hours to the three near Knoxville, so the distance is about the same for us. Skill level of the riding group is good, so that really isn't a concern. The hard part is finding a week when we can all go.

LBL in KY is about as rocky as my XX has seen so far. Any recommendations on mods to help out would also be appreciated. I have belly skid, Holeshots all the way around, and steering dampener- so I think I got the basics covered. Thinking about shocks, but hard for me to justify.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I liked Hatfield better than Brimstone. Never been to Royal blue or coal creek, but have heard good things about Coal creek. I think Royal blue is kinda expensive to ride there?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I will b going to lbl within a few weeks. It about 2 hours from me.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
I truly love Hatfield...but didnt get to ride Brimstome as much as I would have liked...seemed to be a lot of fireroads and would of liked something different...but would have split time between brimstone and coal creek if we could have. When Gumpus talks about coal creek makes me sure I will take the ride to Tenn again! i hear it is very technical ;)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
755 Posts
We stayed at vickers rentals hatfield mccoy treehouse. It has plasma tv, towel service, right on the river, across the street from the trails, and can sleep a lot of people. Its also on the rockhouse trailhead.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We stayed at vickers rentals hatfield mccoy treehouse. It has plasma tv, towel service, right on the river, across the street from the trails, and can sleep a lot of people. Its also on the rockhouse trailhead.
Is it on their website? I couldn't find the treehouse. Thanks!

·
Registered
755 Posts
It used to be, I can't find it either. I know some other people on here stayed there too.

·
Registered
316 Posts
anyone comeing to hatfield let me know if you want company on the trails. I live within driving distance and am always looking for someone to ride with

·
Registered
755 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
also hatfield is very rocky I suggest full skids and slightly over inflate your tires to keep from pinching tires and bring spares
I was afraid last year at the rockhouse without having a skid plate but think I only hit the bottom once on a red/black trail.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
also hatfield is very rocky I suggest full skids and slightly over inflate your tires to keep from pinching tires and bring spares
Really? We have always ran a little less up front for grip and flex. Hatfield, Black Mountian, and LBL are really the on rocky places I have been. We don't have many rocky places locally. Have to remember that, thanks.

·
Registered
755 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We are looking at this place because it is cheap and in Gilbert.

http://foxsplace.tripod.com/#photo1438161

Any comments?
Went ahead and booked this place for third full week in September.

Found out that UPS has had my shocks and just dropped them off back at Wiigstyle today because they don't deliver to rural routes. Coming USPS tomorrow. Have no clue about the UPS deal, I get deliveries through them all the time.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Went ahead and booked this place for third full week in September.

Found out that UPS has had my shocks and just dropped them off back at Wiigstyle today because they don't deliver to rural routes. Coming USPS tomorrow. Have no clue about the UPS deal, I get deliveries through them all the time.
Thats what happened to me. I waited almost 2 weeks and they were sent back to wiigstyle and he had to re-ship them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts