Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering why the manual says they dont recomend hualing it standing up. has any one hauled this way and noticed any problems i cant see any problems other than if you didnt shut off the fuel.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
oil, as well as all other fluids, will drain to the back of the motor if your "new oil level" is above a overfill valve or any path of escape you may dump your oil. and if you do not realize it you will be an accomplise in xx homicide. plus you may just get oil in places you dont want it.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I know Wayne Matlock will haul his parts quads this way from time to time during a race. You need to block off the breather line, or else oil will drain out of it, alot of oil. I think Wayne just uses some type of clamp to pinch the rubber line. Other then that, I don't think he has had a problem.

Doug

·
Registered
446 Posts
I stored by buddy's machine in my garage. I noticed a huge oil spot on the floor, we think it was the crank case breather leaking. when we changed the oil the next day not much came out. I won't be storing his or my machine on end ever again.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hmmm..I've stood mine up to work on it a few times and nothing leaked out and nothing went BANG when I ran it.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Hmmm..I've stood mine up to work on it a few times and nothing leaked out and nothing went BANG when I ran it.

Same here, my thoughts exactly. Maybe my oil was too sludged up to drain out the line...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i hope it will be ok because that is the only way i can fit it in my toy hauler with our rhino and i am veryyyy sick of driving our rhino. so what breather needs to be blocked the crank case or the one that goes into the air box. one other question what makes the 700xx differant from the other sport quads cause my z400 had no issues hauling this way

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
You'll lose abit of oil , comes through the breathers on the head and tranny. Depends how long. Over night it is quite a big puddle!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so if i guy was to just kink and zip tie them it should be good till you get to were your going. i guess ill cross my fingers.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Did you ever figure out what breather needed blocked? I need to haul mine like this for a trip soon.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
dont block it, and its the one in the air box...id go to the local hardware store and buy a shut off valve that can fit on the hose....

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
That's a good idea, and thanks.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts

These dudes did it!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I rolled mine one day and it was upside down long enough for oil to come out of the breather.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have stored mine on end and been fine, but after my buddys leaked oil all over my garage I'm not going to trust it like that anymore. he said it may have something to do with where the crank stopped when the machine was turned off leaving a gap just enough for oil to come out the breather, i'm not sure if that's true but it only takes one huge oil spot in your garage to realize it's not a good thing to do. (I do like the valve option though, i'll look into that)

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
dont block it, and its the one in the air box...id go to the local hardware store and buy a shut off valve that can fit on the hose....
damn the kid is smart. had me fooled... lol just kidding good idea

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
i feel smart :]...
lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
400ex has been hauled this way many of times, rule of thumb from what i've heard/read. Make sure you let it sit level for 1/4 of the time it was standing to let all the fluids work their way back to were they go.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i did haul mine twice this way no oil leak but make sure the fue is empty or it will leak out the breather hose not good in the toyhauler a little stinky

1 - 20 of 23 Posts