Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
If it makes it wider it wont fit my trails!!!!

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i will take out a small loan ( no lie ) after my quad is paied off and my laptop is paied off, and i will get extended arms and shocks all the way around iam doing this and if its to wide for trails no biggie ill be king of the dirt roads and fields

·
Registered
551 Posts
LOL, Thats the people I poke fun at for ridin "Grandpa's feilds" but its a ATV and that is a type of terrian. Just hackin on ya.

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh i got your grandpa..... once i get wide, and every thing tuned in.... ill grandpa all day long hahaha...... widen the xx with razrs and fox shocks on all corners and i bet it would be one absolute beast

·
Registered
551 Posts
Yes it would. I would like to have those new fox shocks (the cheaper ones) make it handle sooooooooo much better.

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah thats what i want the cheeper ones..... but the front end would be soooooo much lighter i would be doing wheelies way more now

·
Registered
551 Posts
I like the unexpected wheelies, thier the best, like when U go into a corner and half way through u pick up the gas and she stands on the rears!!! Whooo Hooooo!!!!

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
we like to call that "nutty sh*t" lol...... i like the ur side by side with ur friend and you both jam on the gas and it comes up wheelies

·
Registered
421 Posts
I like the unexpected wheelies, thier the best, like when U go into a corner and half way through u pick up the gas and she stands on the rears!!! Whooo Hooooo!!!!
HAHA this happened to me a few times on the first day of riding after getting my new pipe and controller. Only problem was sometimes i still needed to keep turning and about got some trees while on two wheels.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
I really hate how Houser insist on this +0.75" crap.......

Too wide for a real cross country setup and not wide enough for a wide open desert setup.......

I see this setup as good quality and I have no doubt that they would be better than stock but I see the Houser +.75" as good everywhere but great nowhere. If I'm spending that kind of money I want great not good.

Give me Roll Design up front and Sonic out back.

Linc

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
yea i was wondering that also.... why only +0.75"???? I'm used to seeing from +1 to even one time when i saw a +4 out in the dunes.... i don't know, weird

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so in that case whats the big deal about "extended" a arms if they arent much wider ? save money and time and just get wheel spacers

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
no, no, no.... wheel spacers and extended a arms do not compare.... you don't get more wheel travel from spacers... the extended arms with the right shock set up could do great damage.. the .75 is just weird to what some of us are used to seeing, but it is an awesome luxury to have on the XX....

·
Registered
445 Posts
The Roll Design LT front end is +2" and the Sonic rear is +1" wide and +1" back also. You will find that most LT setups are at least +2".

In Housers defence their website does say its the "narrow" setup but it's the only thing they offer.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts