Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all i am installing a cam in for a guy here local, this is first honda 700 i have seen and i must say it ran very well. Anyways i got cam installed followed by service manual. Lobes down at TDC compression stroke and timing marks spot on. Rotates fine everything was going smooth. Bolted head cover on and rotates to a certain point and stops due to hitting something. Ive tried looking and going both ways and i cant see quite what it is. Took cover off and double checked my work and all looked good, installed again and we have same problem. Almost seems like rocker arm needs clearanced. Ive went step by step per manual and now im stuck and need some help. Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
175 Posts
Are the timing marks aligned with the deck correctly?? I know that sounds like a dumb question but its easy to do. Maybe the valves are hitting the piston. HC3's are supposed to be drop ins.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea I installed it as paper said with hot cam looks right. Something is hitting around rocker arms cuz without head cover rotates great. Timing marks look spot on also.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine looks like one above thats supposed to be right, not sure where my problem is at. Even looked at decomp and according to hot cam sheet it looks right to me.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
dude i hope thats right because im doing that upgrade this winter those are some good pics for reference i hope!!:xx:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea ive went step by step with service manual, bike is still tore apart, not sure whats wrong, and what direction to go in. i mean can anybody tell me by pics if decomp looks right? Thats the only thing i can think of that would hit possibly, because i rotate it over and over without head cover on.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
post some pics of decomp and maybe someone can see someting:confused::xx:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pics as requested..

Havent had time to do anything really but not sure what to do.. rotates great without head cover and with come to certain point it stop against something.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Dude! I don't see anything wrong!! I don't know what to tell ya?? Your not really over torqueing the bolts are ya their only supposed to be like 18ft lbs. (I would also recommend using permatex ultra gray silicone..... Just because it looks better.)

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
May be Eric or DL will will look at it they will know...:xx:everything looks normal to me

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
are those pics with it at TDC? if so and you do have it lined up correctly your hub is oriented wrong at least the way the pics look. the hot cam was keyed seems like so it seems like it would be hard to screw that up but i would check that out.

also holly silcon batman you just need a little of that stuff i personally use copper coat for most things but silicon is fine you just do not want gobbs inside your motor like that when they fall off they will plug stuff up. you want a fine like fine maybe .010 bead coming out the side not gewbbers. dont worry everybody does it but its wrong lol

if thats not it it cantbe much your either hitting a rocker to somting it wasnt supposed to or the valve is hitting the piston due to wrong timing setting. your rockers look fine if you didnt take them out of cover then you didnt mix them up so its probably your timing make sure hub is indexed correctly

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Yea it's at tdc in the pic and I dOnt get it really. Like u said u gotta have hub right because it's keyed and I didn't take rockers out at all. So don't understand it. I've rotated and checked timIng several times.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts