Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thought i'd share the progress so far...

the Hotcams work well in a stock head but leave plents of room for improvement when used in a ported big head...

this is a stock bore 12:1 +2/+1 valve port with +3 mm bored throttle body, intake kit and PCV...on an HMF exhaust

still looking to push it to 65 hp on a custom grind cam built for the head porting and a better exhaust system

HC3 vs 694 in a ported head

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Go with the Barkers! I'm curious to see the power difference!!!! Maybe Tim will hook you up with a good price to show how his makes more power.
I went with Sparks; Barkers didn’t offer the big core exhaust. I think Daniel might have someone coming to his place that has a Barkers so maybe if he lets Daniel and Daniel is willing we can compare all 3.

Plus Sparks is in Socal...Gotta show my love :lmao:

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
The Sparks Big core will Git er done!!!!
:rock:I think so too...Now I just need someone to buy my HMF(we know its good for atleast 90hp :D)

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
all this motor talk is making me want to spend money that i DO NOT have... i was out with a raptor over the weekend who has a fresh top end and +5 crank and i don't know what else... i couldn't keep up with him in the washes for the life of me.. i got him in the whoops though!

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
all this motor talk is making me want to spend money that i DO NOT have... i was out with a raptor over the weekend who has a fresh top end and +5 crank and i don't know what else... i couldn't keep up with him in the washes for the life of me.. i got him in the whoops though!
get that truck fixxed and the drop a few bucks on the bike!!

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Great info Daniel, keep it comin!
thanks, here is a cool comparison

Raptor vs trx both very similar in modifications and exhaust configuration... (this will have a followup)

Raptor specs.... in GREEN
2007 rap 700
FCI intake kit
power commander
11:! cp
Sparks x6 exhaust
HDD +3 tb 47 mm
Hotcams stage 3 .385 lift
Cuervo racing stock valve port work (38 mm intake)

TRX specs in RED
2008 trx 700
intake kit
power commander
12:1 cp
HMF exhaust
HDD +3 mm tb 47mm
Web 694 .385 lift
Cuervo racing port work +2(38 mm intake)

ill have an update soon with the raptor getting dual exhaust and the TRX getting a big core exhaust

This really shows how equal the builds are at this level with the Honda having a bit better powerband, though not a smooth i think due to the IRS

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
:rock:That's a cool comparison, thanks Daniel :tup: I always knew the Honda was better :D

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
When is the Raptor going to get the duals?

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
it already did, just waiting for the results on your bike to compare
Just got my Sparks, so I will be up on Saturday.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts