Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of our biggest fears about riding on two way trails came true last weekend, came around a blind corner and had a head on collosion (you can hear a faint crunch noise at 0:37). My buddy Doug on his KTM dirtbike hit a guy on his 700xx head on. Both riders were okay, suffered minor hand/wrist jams. Doug has bruises on his chest and knee and he was wearing knee guards and a chest protector! Proof proper PPE pays off.

The dirt bike aftermarket radiator guard was bent to hell, and the radiator suffered a crack (would have been destroyed without the 1/4" aluminum guard).

As far as I know, the 700xx suffered a bent tie rod. The control arms looked fine, but I don't know if any further damage was done. He had one hell of a set up, so he might be a member on here.

Be cautious on blind corners and public riding areas!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VwyvE9WSGg

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
*Head on Collision

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Ive seen that xx in the latest issue of dirtwheels i think. He was in a beginners race around the lake in cali.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I am sorry for both riders and glad everyone is ok. I remind all riding with me when we are riding on two way trails. "dont ride beyond the speed you can stop in half the distance you can see, or be prepared to leave the trail".

·
Registered
231 Posts
Wow thats crazy! Glad they both were ok! Thats always been one of my worst fears when riding.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Glad no one died!!! Just have to put this out there but i saw 2 XX in that video, Witch i think is crazy because i have yet to see another XX in real life other then mine!!! Just Saying!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts