Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting this thread to follow through on my Head and throttle body porting followed by a Tune and dyno using a Power Commander. On to the first part. Here are a few pics of the head removal.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm excited to see what kind of numbers I can put down when its all back together. To let everyone else in on things I'm sending VelociRaptor my cam and chain sprocket so he can compare it to a 650 cam he has. Hopefully we can use one on this build! Also everyone may notice the rich condition I was running, This was with the 3rd optimizer setting on a 5.5, obviously its too much. I will be more than glad to share the map they build for me for the PowerCommander also.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Casting line. Youve not looked in alot of cylinder heads, they all have em somewere. Thats were the 2 halves of the mold join together when the foundery cast the head:)

Not many multi valve aluminum heads, most of my experience is with SB, BB Chevy, B.O.P. cast iron heads and 2-strokes.

Now that I look at it again I see the casting line run all the way up to the valve seat.

·
Registered
221 Posts
honestly .. i dont think cylinder head porting would void the warranty. If anything ... it should only make covering the engine much easier. Now if you started replacing vital components ... pistons, cams, valves ..ect ..well yeah bye warranty.

historically ..the heritage to this motor is extraordinarily strong. Honda made the 650r motor damn near bulletproof with tons of headroom for modification ... its almost like they expected people to push it to the extremes.

One thing is certain ... a Honda engineered engine is much more friendly for upgrades... sure they are generally heavier motors ..but its only because they havent over-engineered their stuff - which ultimately leads to superior reliability and longevity.

I look forward to the results of yall's motor project. if it works out ... im game as well and you can sign me up. I have confidence this 686cc motor will outcrank anything else any other atv manufacturer has thrown in their machine ..

why do i have this faith and confidence? well duh ..its a honda!

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HotCams has three cams In R&D already, Last I talked to them they should be ready for the end of Feb or early March.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I've been in contact with Kibblewhite and waiting response today on custom +1mm black diamond Intake valves and stock size black diamond exhaust.. I would like to get a custom piston from CP but not wanting to tear further into the bike...

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Here are some pics the guys on a xr650r forum posted for me. I was talking with VelociRaptor the other day and he mentioned the XR had 37mm valves. I asked the guys there for some specs and Bo compared them to mine... There a match!

Stock 700xx Intake 36mm, Exhaust 32mm
Stock xr650r Intake 37mm, Exhaust 32mm
The lengths and valve stem diameter are perfect matches.

Here is a link to the thread,
http://hondaxr650r.forummotion.com/xrr-main-discussion-f1/valve-spec-help-t166.htm#802

1 - 20 of 130 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.