Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
21 - 40 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Supernice. We are also lookin into the 102mm XR670R piston to see if it will be a swap over for the XX. The 650 has a different stroke so we will have to look at the pin placement and size.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I ran some numbers on a compression calculator and if the piston does fit a 11:1 XR piston will come out to 11.4:1 in a XX. Should be fine if its a match. Waiting on some pics to see if the valve reliefs are similar. Another note would be the 24mm XX wrist pin, the XR is smaller but may be able to be opened a bit

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
By what Ive seen pistons usually dont end up being what they say they are anyway. An 11:1 isnt a true 11:1 in most cases. What size is the pin in the XX?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
24mm

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
The XX spring is 1.768" tall and 1.105" outside diameter. Thats gonna be different from aftermarket springs/seats/retainers though anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
Here are the XR and XX pistons, Only difference is the XR has a 23mm wrist and the XX is 24mm. Not going to try and makeshift a pin or bore the XR wrist pin hole. Back to phone calls with CP Wiseco etc.

XR

XX

·
Registered
81 Posts
Man im getting confused with all this XX XR swaping out parts for performance. hopefully one of you guys would be nice enough to put a parts list together for us dummys. i was just gonna wait for aftermarket parts to come out but it looks like ya'll are gonna make your own perofrmance parts. lol.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
lol the past few days have been busy trying to source all this info, Me and Bo have been working together everyday exchanging info trying to get this together. Here's a break down of what we got so far. (XR stands for XR650r, A legendary Honda dirtbike that our motors are based on)

Cams: XR cams will work.... Need to swap over decomp from the XX cam

Valves: XR Valves will work...

Valve Springs: ???... They are similar but would have to mount and check for binding etc. We don't have any on hand to mount and second my block is in La. and Head is in Al. with Bo

Pistons: Yes but no... The outer dimensions or a go but the XR wrist pin is 23mm and the XX is 24mm. You COULD bore the pin hole or turn the pin but I don't want to be the Guinnie Pig lol

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I made it in from offshore today and pulled the piston. I will be sending it to CP or JE tuesday, Waiting on there prices. Wiseco price was 260 with a 4 order minimum but but everyone has suggested CP and JE over Wiseco so that'll be my route. Here are a fre pics.

AntiFriction Coating OEM, pretty nice. Is this norm with other bikes?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
My shop manual came in also, nice to have for specs and all.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Awesome for the stock piston to be like that lol.
Take a dial caliper and see what it measures from the top of the wristpin hole to the top of the piston. Bet it mics out at .650"......

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Them skirts are mighty small too, i was surprised how little they were. I went to get my caliper and somebody must've borrowed it... Da box was empty. I'll check it out when i find where its at. So most bikes don't have the coating?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Be sure to stick a wrag down around the rod when ya take the clip out from the wrist pin. Dont wanna have that thing drop down into the case!

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
Close .680, The piston is Forged also. The raptors looks cast, is it?

21 - 40 of 130 Posts