Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
41 - 60 of 130 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Few other items... K&N Oil Filter +3HP (Jus Joking... Really +2)

And something I purchased but can't figure where it goes lol, someone enlighten me?

·
Registered
221 Posts
those go over the chain sprockets. judging from the size of it ..looks like it would go over the rear ..but i could be incorrect ... but it does indeed go over a chain sprocket.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
those go over the chain sprockets. judging from the size of it ..looks like it would go over the rear ..but i could be incorrect ... but it does indeed go over a chain sprocket.

X2

It's to save your case from your chain (hence the name)

I never needed one but it would go between your front sprocket and your engine.

Club | 700 | xx

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Ahh good news today! CP are the ones I am going to have make the pistons. They had an even better price than Wiseco. They also mentioned they didn't intend to put a piston out this year so waiting was'nt an option. I am heading out the door now to mail them mine so that they can start on it. Wait time is only about 3 weeks and the price per will be somewhere between 210-250. Only thing needed to be decided is compression ratio. I am thinking 11.5:1 since I can only run 93 octane. Anyone serious about a purchase let me know your thoughts. This order will only only be for four pistons.

·
Registered
81 Posts
im interested in a piston swap and i think 11.5:1 is perfect compression for this bike with other mods but im not exactly ready to that yet, im still waiting to do my BIG 3. but if need by i can prolly make a purchase.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Since these are gonna be YOUR pistons made by CP I would call em the smo0oth pistons! Your pioneering alot of stuff for the XX guys that will need this info/parts/services later. Sure there are companies that have built XXs for race teams but you are doing it for the regular Joe.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
im interested in a piston swap and i think 11.5:1 is perfect compression for this bike with other mods but im not exactly ready to that yet, im still waiting to do my BIG 3. but if need by i can prolly make a purchase.

Cool, If you help I'll install it also if needed.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Since these are gonna be YOUR pistons made by CP I would call em the smo0oth pistons! Your pioneering alot of stuff for the XX guys that will need this info/parts/services later. Sure there are companies that have built XXs for race teams but you are doing it for the regular Joe.

I'll have to get them engraved lol, The valves make it to you yet?

·
Registered
81 Posts
one of my concerns is that with swaping the cam, boring the TB and Head, porting and polishing the head, higher compression, nobody says anything about a new or bigger injector, or fuel pump.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Its crossed my mind but I haven't had time to find the injector size, I'll figure the limits before its all over though. I doubt a larger injector will be needed though, The stock fuel pump should be big enough to support a larger injector if needed though.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Shouldnt be an issue but you dont know until you start tuning these bikes. The Raptor stock injector and pump will handle 80rwhp.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Seats are cut and the valves are lapped in(notice the line on the valves were they laped in perfectly. Seats were cut on a buddys Surdi machine, just need to blend the port into the first angle:

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Looking good, Can't wait to get it back

41 - 60 of 130 Posts