Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard a lot from both the raptor fans and the 700xx fans that each quad is faster and each has smoked the other. I know the raptor 700 would be a tougher race but its supposed to be nice this Sunday so I'm challenging my boss's 660 with K&N vs my stock 700xx. We are both about the same weight and he has a little more driving experience, but I'm hoping to smoke me a raptor. Also, we'd be heading out to a new location I've never ridden in so I'm hoping to get some pics while I'm out there.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
The 660s are tad bit slower than the 700s stock for stock and mod for mod so what you do with the 660 will tell ya a whole lot.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know. I'm doing this all for my personal knowledge because I know you can go from forum to forum and hear all different results, but I'll post the results. Hopefully the weather holds up!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good, at least I'll have some good bragging rights around the office!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not a bragger either, we just give each other crap back and forth, all in fun, and the big thing now is who has the better quad. Yes, the driver is a big part , but it is all in fun anyway.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ha! Yeah, we'll see if the old man has the guts to go through the mud. Should be a lot of if with all the frost and snow melting. Forecast is 49 for Sunday which is incredible weather here in January.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nebraska, but I just checked the forecast again and it is down to 41.

·
Registered
211 Posts
With a GPS, both my XX (stock) and piped, filtered, jetted raptor 660 ran 64MPH across the same stretch of field at my house.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, finally took the 700xx out to the Imperial Sand Dunes on Monday. I went with three of my friends and their rides ('06 Suzuki 400, '07 Yamaha YFZ450R, '07 Yamaha Raptor 700).

Rode for about 4 hrs in the sand dunes and had a few close calls on some razorbacks. Well it all led up to us challenging each other going up "Competition Hill". Anyone familiar with the Imperial sand dunes and the buttercup area will know what I mean.

My 700xx is still bone stock with the knobby tires. I was also the heaviest of the riders (255 lbs + gear) and took the win each time up hill. The Suzuki and Raptor were running paddles too. Next time out I'm going to remember to bring the camera and have a friend record it.

Needless to say I love this machine and had to fight my buddies off it when they took it for a spin. They all loved the 700xx too! They all call it the "The Tank" because it has so much POWER!

CB (Yuma, AZ)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Good kill on the hill. Thing about it is you being on knobbies and the others being on paddles says alot about their setup and riding style.

·
Registered
11 Posts
well im a new member and i've had an encounter with a raptor 660 and 700r! beat both of them on my stock 700xx! i haven't lost yet! here are a few victims! 07 polaris predator 500, 05 banshee with mods, 08 yzf 450 with mods! if it aint the xx i don't see it!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts