Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well for Christmas I got a thing of Titanium header wrap for my XX. I have the Barkers exhaust but the heat shield fell off like 3 wks after I installed. I have to say...it actually looks good and works awesome. Im glad I got some cause I have a nasty scar and my leg from the pipe lol. If any of you guys/gals have a problem with the excessive heat I highly recommend header wrap. I think it was from Advance Auto Parts.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Was just looking at wrap lastnight for my exhaust. Is it the 1" or 2" width and do you know how thick it is? I think standard is 1/16" but for more heat control they also sell 1/8".

Also can you take some pics?

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im pretty sure mine was 2" wide. It said to leave a 1/4" overlap but I left more like 1/2" of overlap, it still looks and works fine. Here's a couple of pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
Looks good. Interested to see how well it keeps the heat away from you leg. Also how it works with water/mud splashing up. I'm looking for something to keep my leg from burning during the warmer months, however the trials get quite muddy in Maine.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Did you take off the mounting holes for the heat sheild or just go over them?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Im pretty sure mine was 2" wide. It said to leave a 1/4" overlap but I left more like 1/2" of overlap, it still looks and works fine. Here's a couple of pics.
Looks good man, thanks for the pics. I was told to go with the 1" wide wrap because of the smaller diameter pipe and the 2" wrap on the bends would not lay flat, but yours looks fine.

·
Registered
148 Posts
You let it soak in water for a few minutes and it becomes pretty playable and easier to work with. I did mine still on the bike. I only wrapped a little past where my leg goes. I also took the mounting brackets off for the heat shield. I broke every worm gear clamps

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I cut the old heat shield bungs off of mine. I didnt wanna cut em off at first, but its really the only way to get a tight wrap that doesnt look goofy. Towards the back of the pipe theres a place for the spring to latch to and I just wrapped around it and left it sticking out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts