Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What bulb is in the headlight? Looking for HID replacements. also, how many watts does the stock stator put out?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
HID's draw less watts than standard bulbs

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, but I need to know which bulb is in the XX so i can get the HID replacement :D

·
Registered
445 Posts
Wrong........a 35w HID will pull??????? guess what.........35watts; same as stock........pretty sure its 35w.

The fact that a 35w HID globe will be brighter than a 35w Halogen has nothing to do with the amound of stator power needed. One thing a HID will do is draw alot more from the stator during start-up. Its just a fraction of a second but it can actually draw more than your stock wiring can handle.

At a guess the 700XX will have 2 x 35watt globes and a PIAA H6M would be a good cheap substitute. The H6M draws about the same wattage as stock but puts out nearly twice the lighting power.

Linc

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Actually I'm not but may could have been more clear about it. Of course a 35W HID will draw 35W but the lumens will be much much higher. So he could actually get a HID kit that draws less power but is much brighter. The bit on the amp draw is a bit overboard also since we are being technical about it. If the stock bulb is a 35w a 35w HID will not burn up the wiring.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm thinking i might try those PIAA bulbs first, as their cheaper than an HID kit and just plug and play.... we'll see... i'll take pics if i do it.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FYI...

To get to the lightbulbs is very easy. Take off the red or gray plastic, the obvious 6 hex head (5mm i think) bolts take them out. Then a 10mm bolt is tucked in, inside the fender on each side and the headlight assembly will twist out very easily.

I took mine apart tonight just to see how easy it was... very.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I believe its a standard 35watt, I know for a fact its 35 watt but if its some sorta special base i'm not to sure. I'll post a pic in a few

·
Registered
375 Posts
It's a H6M. I've had the PIAA's for about 4 months now. I'm doing the HID's but not sure if I want to do the TrailTech ones on the bars. I hate out driving my headlights at night.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
It's a H6M. I've had the PIAA's for about 4 months now. I'm doing the HID's but not sure if I want to do the TrailTech ones on the bars. I hate out driving my headlights at night.

Guys, check this out:

http://www.trx450r.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=68554

450r.org said:
I know this pic is not a honda but the raptor uses the same H6M bulbs. This is the $80 shipped, HID kit off of ebay. The only thing needed that does not come with the kit is a relay which is only like $3. The amount of light output is incredible. This is with the 6000k bulbs. I can't wait to try the lights out at the dunes.
Pic:

Ebay link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Slim...36QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTrcQfartsQ5fAccessories

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What do you guys do about the High beam bulb?!

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
HID's draw less power than conventional lights, The stator output shouldn't be a problem. With fuel injection and electric start it should be pretty stout for durability

1 - 20 of 33 Posts