Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now before you guys start throwing the "it's dangerous to ride with headphones... bla bla bla" this is for guys who like to ride with tunes son please don't lecture, everyone knows the risks.

So I just wanted to share a good find on earbuds to use with a helmet, they are the Skullcandy Asym earbuds. They have angled speakers so they are really low profile and will not feel like the helmet is pushing them into your ear canal, sound is awesome and they have in line volume control. You canfind them for around $30 in fleabay.

Here is the link:
http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/asym-black-red-micd.html

Any other good ones that you have found out there?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I wouldn't think it's dangerous to ride with headphones, There are exceptions but generally speaking I don't see the harm. There are allot of great deals on earbuds that come up on midnightbox.com

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
I hope Nash04 or de700 see this post. de700 bought us wireless headsets to talk to one another but it can work off your bluetooth in ipod or phone. Nash04 said it works good.

dumb question but you have an armband for your ipod like I use at the gym? I was always getting the cord stuck on the machines so I keep the armband under my shirt and run the earbuds up. cant picture how else you use it while riding.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I normally use it in my pants pocket inside a ziploc (when wearing Shift recon over the boot pants) or in my handlebar storage bag but most of the time un my Hydrapak as it has a compartment for it. Just have to plan my playlist well as I cannot change songs without taking the ipod out just yet (looking at options for this).

Do you mean the chatterbox dagirl?

·
Registered
671 Posts
I listen to my Ipod sometimes when I ride alone. I think the headphones I use are sony's, not positive though. They are very similar to the headphones that come with the ipod, just better quality. I have to have something that does not stick out past my ears because if they do, I can not get my helmet on. The other thing I like about them is they have a volume control where the one wire splits into two. That way I can turn the volume down when I shut the motor off, as I can not reach my ipod to turn it down untill I take my camelback off since I keep the Ipod in my camelback.

Doug

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
i alwasy ride with headphone but ill only use one ear piece n have jus loud enough to hear so when we stop to bull shit im not yelling lol n i can still hear whats goin on

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
This model Whistler BT3300 is used for intercom between 2 or 3 bikes and you can also listen to your ITouch or cell phone via Bluetooth, works real good and the earphones are very slim and they velcro to the inside of the ear piece inside the helmet so you don't even know they are there. When you are riding, you can hear pretty good until you are over 40 mph and you can talk to each other as long as you are within 300' and if you do get disconnected, once the signal is within distance, it comes back. Pretty good system, bought it at CycleGear while they were on sale.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
I too use skully candy and love them i i do want to get something wireless and that we can talk on

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I use one bud, (I think it is a gummy but my helmet for my quad isn't too tight), and I place my ipod either in my bag or I use a lil bit of rope and tie it around my neck. I dont like the arm bands, feels like my arm is being castrated off, and they are too much of a hastle if you have arms bigger than bamboo sticks.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Goodness gratious great balls o' fire!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I always wear noise reducing earphones when riding my motorcycle. A: I want to protect my hearing from any further hearing damage, and B: I enjoy music when riding. I do some endurance riding (Iron Butt) stuff and after several years and many 15-22hr days on a motorcycle, my hearing is not what it once was, so I want to protect it from any further damage.

I have tried several different type of $15 to $25 earphones, including the Skullcandy, but always had the problem with them slipping out of my ear, discomfort after an hour, poor sound quality... I got fitted for Big Ear custom earphones, but decided before I plop down $350, I would try one more pair of off the shelf earphones, and bought the Etymotic Research ER6i earphones. I can highly recommend them. Ebay price is around $80, but well worth it. I bought them last spring, and not only use them when riding my motorcycle, but when mowing my lawn also, which takes 2 hours a week on my rider. After 1 complete season they have held up very well.

Paul B

1 - 16 of 16 Posts