Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gotta new xx and just wanted to let people know that you better take the allen bolts out of the head pipe heat shield and put loctite on them then snugg'em good. I have about 10 hours on my xx and all the bolts were coming out of the heat shield yesterday.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Good advice, I'll check mine tomorrow. I had similar problems with a generator I bought last year. I let it run for 4 hours straight, went out and ther were literally bolts laying on the ground all around.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i already lost one,three days after i put a slip on exhaust on they vibrated out. definitly use lock-tite

·
Registered
452 Posts
i lost the whole heatshield during a race sunday lol

·
Registered
446 Posts
lol that sucks. I lost a bolt out of mine the first week I had it. I replaced the exhaust now though so it doesn't really matter.

·
Registered
142 Posts
A good salesman at the dealership should have told you to check them after the first few rides as they will come loose. Usually just once retightening them keeps them in there. This is common for any vehicle, on any bolt on the exhaust (namely the ones holding it to the head) and on lug nuts, check those too.

Two of mine came loose after the first ride, half turn tighter, and no more problems.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I had the same problem and lost the middle one.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Me too! Where can we get replacements bolts?:eek:hno:
Seems like a common problem mine was lost too I am going to order one through honda

Another issue is it will melt riding pants I've ruined two pair already

·
Registered
245 Posts
Mine was rattling apart the other day it scared me at first. I thought something was clanging around in the case.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.