Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am in the process of buying a new/dealer demo 2008 700XX. Demo may be a strong word because it really just sat on the dealer showroom. When the dealer couldn't move it he sent it to auction. I'm getting it for $3,500 from a non-honda dealer.

Are there any must do mods to this guy? First thing is probably cosmetic and getting a black seat cover. Not too sure about the red one.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
mighty,
You will find many excellent suggested mods on this forum; however, may I suggest you ride the machine for a while before deciding which one/s you might be interested in. You got the machine for a great price! Also, read up on the maintenance recommendations and availability of a download for the maintenance manual.
Enjoy that great machine and especially welcome to the forum.
Sid

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good advice Sid, I will definately do that. Three things I'm pretty sure I will do right away is a front bumper, nerfs and probably a stiffer sway bar. I'm coming off a 450R and 660 raptor so I'm use to non independent rear ends.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Yea the L8ton sway bar is sweet. And I would have to swap the front sprocket asap with the 13 tooth under $20 bucks, and a uni air filter for around $25 bucks I'd wait till stock filter is dirty. I guess alot depends on what type of terrain you will be ridding on.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
If you come from a 450r to 700xx , WTF will come common on first ride. The first will be , Turn for F##K sake. This can be done 2 ways. L8ton swaybar and the other a set Teixeira Tech upper a-arms. Never tried the swaybar but tried the uppers. This plus a few mods will make it turn better than the 450r.
Heres the downside to buying the uppers, If you weigh more than 145 lbs, the front shocks suck, then you relise the stock tyres suck. This is mainly due to the 700xx turning better.

I had a 450r, HRC, Leo Vince,Lonestar Racing(Everything but the chassis), PEPs shocks,CRF ignition conversion plus a few other mods.

To me the type of racing I do ,The 700xx has matched the 450r mentioned above .

Something you will find when you learn to ride the 700xx , is the 700xx will change lines and take it better than the 450r.

I hope you not a duner or this will sound stupid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts