Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Poor girl went over her bars and this is what her helmet looked like after. She is ok now. I have never seen a helmet just crack like this.

What kind of helmet are some of you using? Looks to me its the best money you can spend. When I was in VA I saw these sixsixone very cheap and didn't think it would be a good quality.

This is my helmet HJC SPXN team

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Mine

Attachments

·
Registered
734 Posts
Mine

·
Registered
671 Posts
I use Bell helmets, always have. Have always used the Moto 7, but looks like they no longer make those, so my next helmet will be a Moto 8.

So, do you think the helmet should not have cracked? Depending on how she hit the ground and the force she hit with, this could very well happen with any helmet. Looks to me the helmet did its job. Even if it did not crack, I would still recomend it gets replaced. Once a helmet gets hit, the foam is slightly compressed, meaning that it will not offer the same amount of protection on the next hit. I have even been told that if you drop your helmet on a hard surface you should replace it. Yes, helmets are expensive, but what does your life cost?

Doug

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
My cousin once told me "if have a $100 head buy a $100 helmet" and this stuck with me. It was good information 30 years ago and I still use it.

·
Registered
528 Posts
there alot tha can contribute to that, many people keep thier helmets outside in a shed or in a trailer, i keep mine inside. outside it is exposed to moister, high heat, cold temperatures,when it goes through all of that, over a period of time it can become fatigued.but a mojor problem with that picture is the "sixsixone" on it

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I've always used Fox helmets and before summer, I plan to get a new carbon fiber helmet... Again, Fox.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I use Bell helmets, always have. Have always used the Moto 7, but looks like they no longer make those, so my next helmet will be a Moto 8.

So, do you think the helmet should not have cracked? Depending on how she hit the ground and the force she hit with, this could very well happen with any helmet. Looks to me the helmet did its job. Even if it did not crack, I would still recomend it gets replaced. Once a helmet gets hit, the foam is slightly compressed, meaning that it will not offer the same amount of protection on the next hit. I have even been told that if you drop your helmet on a hard surface you should replace it. Yes, helmets are expensive, but what does your life cost?

Doug
It did do the job she was badly injured but lived... just never expected to see it crack like that. Being back into the sport again after so many years, I try to buy the best when it comes to my safety, thats why I ask what everyone is wearing on there noggin because if there is something better than I want to know. These stores only sell you the best of what they carry not the best on the market.

As for dropping it, I am always doing that...can I buy a new insert? I did find once when I washed it after having if for 4 months it was tighter to my head a face again... how often should you get a new helmet?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
734 Posts
You are supposed to get a new helmet every 5 years or each time it takes a bad fall. Every 5 years because it degrades. Also make sure that it is Snell certified as if it is Snell it is DOT as well. Snell is also a lot more demanding than DOT as they demand to have 10 helmets sent to them and they do different impact tests on the helmets to make sure the helmet is what it claims to be and if it meets their standards. DOT on the other hand jus takes the word of the manufacturer in that the helmets meet DOT requirements and test randomly.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Best bet :
Aari first, Just read any magazine that has done a review. I also bought the Jeff Stanton Replica in red and still good.
Bell second , I have a RJ moto 3 or 4. still as good as the day I bought it
Third - Tough one , there is a lot of great helmets out there . Never tried them but the FOX (expensive one) and SHOEI , would be next my choice.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I would say go: 1. Arai 2. Shoei 3.Airoh

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
I use Fox V1 for Quad and Shoei for my road bike, I tend to agree with Baxter I pay for what I think my head is worth... right now about $400 lol

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts

this is my FOX V2 and i love it!

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
When you Flip your Quad over the left front tire (thats the only one that still had contact) Fox Helmets have the Softest padding inside when you head gets whipped into the ground.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts