Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out for a ride today. When I tried to start the 700xx it turn over then backfired. And a three foot flame shot out. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Lean maybe, or bad gas. You running premium in the tank?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep allways run premium. Had it out three weeks ago. Ran like a raped ape. I even unplugged the ehs programer and hooked it up stock still a big bang.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Has the gas been in there along time, and have you done a plug check?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably early November filled it up and have not rode much but play in the snow a bit. And put a new plug in last April and road hard all summer.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Check your airbox? Make sure nothing got in there like mice. Progammer maybe get damaged (wet)? If you have a pipe and stuff, you still may get back fire and stuff when you go back to stock programming.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a Ehs big three, no mice it turns over OK just won't start and about the second try it backfires big time should I keep trying to start it or could that do some damage.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Not sure if it is the same but mine did that when I forgot to turn the fuel back on from reserve. It back fired real loud and shot a flame out when it ran out of fuel.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fixed it thanks for the tips new plug and new gas good to go. A late night pass up and down the block with the headlight pointed at the stars ... priceless!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Bxxreal,
Remember not to work the throttle when stating the machine (hot or cold) let the EFI do all the work for you. When cold allow the machine to warm up for a few minutes.
Sid

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Probably early November filled it up and have not rode much but play in the snow a bit. And put a new plug in last April and road hard all summer.
That gas is almost 3 months old! It's a good idea to add some sta-bil or sea foam to fuel, when its going to sit for awhile. Someone once told me if you have untreated gas over 45 days old, toss it. Glad you got it going thou

·
Registered
24 Posts
Lean-out..

I was just reading threads and noticed this: I had the same exact issue after flogging my XX around my track sideways for long periods of time, and it was intermittent, running fine one minute and going nuts the next. I changed fuel, did all suspected checks of what would normally cause a lean issue, and it turned out to be a loose intake clamp at the head. If anyone else ever has this issue repeatedly, definitely check the intake tube clamps. Instant fix in my case..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts