Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
went riding this weekend and got stuck i think i burnt my clutch out cuz it wont go any more on any gear right before it started to loose power and stop going i noticed that the the exhaust pipe comeing out of the header was red hot what does that mean can any one help me out

·
Registered
101 Posts
i don't know but your engine might be fried. If never got the exhaust header red hot even when going wide open for 2 hours. doesn't sound good.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the bike starts up nice just when i put it in gear it does that it will sit there on idle nice just wont move

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
when i put it in gear it trys to move just wont go it wont stall out it jsut sits and tries thats when the exhaust gets hot

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
:confused::xx:im thinkin this episode hear is a burned up clutch.what does your oil look and smell like,look for clutch trash in you oil, metal flakes and maybe pieces of the fiber too hopefully its just your plates id get new springs too since you heated them up so and hopefully your basket isnt grooved because itll start getting more expensive to fix!:confused::atv::cry:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes my oil does have trans. fluid in it and metal flakes in it i called the place i bought it to see if the warrenty will cover just bought it like three months ago

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Don't think they warranty the clutch, but I wouldn't tell them the part about being stuck!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i hope, ill hear from the dealer tomarrow ill keep every one updated because if they dont cover the clutch i might be doing it myself going to need some help if i do

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
i hope, ill hear from the dealer tomarrow ill keep every one updated because if they dont cover the clutch i might be doing it myself going to need some help if i do
there is videos out showing how to do it, and the manual would be good,i think its a free download still:xx:

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
awsome do u know where i could find the video or the manual is it on this site
free download should be on a thread on this site search for it. rockymountainatc/mc has the vids on there website and theres plenty on youtube:xx:

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
dealer must have been closed?:xx:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I sent the bike in on tuesday it dont look like the warranty is going to cover it seams like the machanic is a little sketchy i should of done the work myself

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
yeah you got to go in there and speak your word , especially if you bought it from them:atv::steamed:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I told them that i only hade it for two months and they sqid that the warranty dont cover and tear parts like the clutch or breaks so i told them that a clutch should not go out in two months and the machqnic said he woluld try but its not going to cover what a doosh

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
in that case i would upgrade the whole clutch prolly cheaper than oem honda? you got alba. barnett, DL700, EHS Racing ,Motosport ect. ect ect. the hell with honda oem some parts you may want oem though ?:xx:

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts