Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK! After 20 years of working around jet engine, you would think that I should be very proficient on bike engine but nooooooo! I'm replacing my throttle to a twist one and need to remove the carb since I do not have enough space between the frame and carb to remove the plastic cover. The problem that I have at this moment is how to disconnect the air hose, looks like an 02 sensor hose. Any help is greatly appreciated. Also beside the dealership, where can I purchase a manual.

Thank you.

·
Registered
537 Posts
If your 700xx has a carb, something is seriously wrong. I'm sure you are talking about the throttle body. You may find it easier to take the tank off and try from the top. You can find Honda service manuals on ebay for $20 or less.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, Ok! Throttle body, gas tank is remove but still can't figure out on how to disconnect the hose from it, it looks like a quick disconnect but not made for Dummies like me, lol! Thanks about ebay

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Its easier to remove if you take the hose off with it that goes from the TB to the head. Loosen the worm gears then twist it to break the hoses free and pull out

·
Registered
310 Posts
Which twist throttle are you installing? Mine used the original cable and I just needed to disconnect it from the assembly on the bar.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Purchase the Motion Pro which should be here sometime this week, ready for next weekend, hopefully:confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts