Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright ive spent all day looking threw all the different threads on tires/rims and i still need some help deciding on what i rlly want to do. i live in kentucky and ride in the mountains alot(mudholes, rocks, etc). im torn between a couple setups so tell me what u think..for the fronts im pretty sure i wanna go with the rzr2's on stock rims..but the back is the problem. heres my choices:

setup 1:change the rear rims to a itp pro 9 and add 20-11-10 razr2's..i love the way the razr2 look but i dont wanna give up power and height. so idk

setup 2:wait about a month on 22-9-11 kenda kutter xc's

setup 3:22-10-11 rzr1's or bill ballances on stock rims

.any advice would help me. my local honda dealers got the kendas on hold for me but there on backorder until march 5th.. so i have plenty of time to change my mind. so please help me make up my mind from your experiences.. thanks

·
Registered
392 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Mate, you can go with 11" or 10, the main advantage with 10" is tyre choice but personaly I have stayed with the 11" and the Kutter for the rear and I am totaly happy with this set up. My personal oppinion stay away from the rear rzr1 on the rear they are a crap tyre and have way to much sidewall boldge

·
Registered
755 Posts
I've had great results with my rzr1 rears and will buy a new set when they wear out. I also heard great reviews on the kendas so I'd go with which ever you can get cheaper. And stay with the stock rear wheels.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just bought a set of Razr1's for the stock rims an like em, but I'm using them for winter riding with about 1000 studs all the way around. I switch out my tires for summer an winter every year, so... all the dealers an even tire warehouse want to charge me 20 bucks a tire to take tires off an put another tire on my rims, so.. I figure if I do that twice for all 4 tires I can buy rims!! So.. I plan on buyin 10" rims but I'm waiting for the DWT rear wheels to come into rockymtn. I would rock the razr1's no problem on the trails though, nice tire! But, if your riding mountains with lots of rocks an mud I would probably go with the razr2 rears, or even the kenda's. Another thing on the mud, if you go with the stock sized kenda's I've heard they are good in mud, an you can keep the mud scrapers on your stock rims!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks alot guys. im so tore between the three setups i dont no what to do. i wouldnt care to run the razr 1's but theres been so many bad things said about them and i cant make my mind up. to be honest that would be the the easiest way to go but i jus dont want to be payin another $80 in a couple months to get new tires put on. the tire price im not worried about cause ill get the first $75 ea paid on 6 sets of any tires/rims as long as there "unusable" lol..
my honda dealer didnt even no the kendas had came out. they told be the only thing they had that would fit is the factory tires and razr 1's so id rlly like to be the first one to try them and with all the good reviews on the kendas are ridiculous...and the razr 2's are just bad a** and has my favoirte tread patterns

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
i wouldnt care to run the razr 1's but theres been so many bad things said about them and i cant make my mind up.
how many? i know of 1 maybe 2 that didn't like them. razr's are a great tire... don't be put off by just any review... i've raced mine in the desert for almost 2 years now, and still on my first set...

·
Registered
392 Posts
The kendas are badass nuff said

·
Registered
528 Posts
can everyone elaborate on the razr 1? that was my future plan for mine but yall got me second guessing.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I run razr2's all the way around and love the setup. The razr 2's really hook man and they can stand up to anything you can throw at them. The only downside to them is that they are heavy but you cant really notice it that much.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
can everyone elaborate on the razr 1? that was my future plan for mine but yall got me second guessing.
Never had an issue with my razr 1's, I didn’t go out with them much because I ride mostly sand but never got a hole and always hooked up great. My friend has been running the same set of razr 1's for over a year and a half and has only needed one plug. I’m selling mine but only because I am only going to ride in the sand now plus I need to pay off some tickets before CA takes my license :lmao:

·
Registered
340 Posts
The Rzr1 is Maxxis 11" tyre for the 700xx, they boldge in the sidwalls way to much for me, When I took my first set off I had 17 flats between two tyres. The Kutter is a way better tyre in 11" than the Rzr1. But in 10" the Rzr2 is alot better tyre than the 1. If you can understand that. Man stick with 11" and go the Kutter you can not go wrong. Also the Kutter is way cheaper than the Rzr and the performance are both on par.

·
Registered
340 Posts
You Yanks

EE you have it wrong, its TYRES bud, no wonder you have lost every war you have started. :birds:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Lost? I think the history books must be different south of the equator. Seriously, do you say tyresome, or I am tyred?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Wait up let me get this right, you got your ass kicked in Vietnam and Korea then you decided you would invad a little country like Iraq to steal the oil wells. Then your silly little President (BUSH) decided to fight the Talaban well what happen there my boy another Veitnam and its still going on and you are getting your ass shot off every single day. The history books must be a lot different here.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
:crazy:

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Wait up let me get this right, you got your ass kicked in Vietnam and Korea then you decided you would invad a little country like Iraq to steal the oil wells. Then your silly little President (BUSH) decided to fight the Talaban well what happen there my boy another Veitnam and its still going on and you are getting your ass shot off every single day. The history books must be a lot different here.
Wow, I think you definitely took EE's question way wrong.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts