Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After about 30 minutes of riding my hands can barley grip the handlebars and I'm afraid the next bump I hit will yank them off forcing me to slow down. Now I know the best way to cure arm pump is to ride more but unfortunatly I only get to ride about once a month. I do have a CCP stabilizer and little hand sqeeze things which helped but not enough. Plus the CCP is getting old and doesn't seem to work like it used to. The fatigue is all in my fingers while my forearms are totally fine. So my question to everyone is would you recommend a precision stabilizer or shock&vibe handlebar clamps to try first?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Well from a money stand point, the clamps because they cost less... However, a stabilizer is a good investment also.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
If your fore arms are ok then this is not arm pump. Cramp in the fingers/hands is genarally caused by vibration of the bars. You have 3 options here 1: anti vibe stem , 2 : Shock and vibe clamps and 3: Flexx bars.
I personally went for option 1 & 2 from Ed. As I suffered from really bad hand cramps and this solved the problem for me.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If your fore arms are ok then this is not arm pump. Cramp in the fingers/hands is genarally caused by vibration of the bars. You have 3 options here 1: anti vibe stem , 2 : Shock and vibe clamps and 3: Flexx bars.
I personally went for option 1 & 2 from Ed. As I suffered from really bad hand cramps and this solved the problem for me.
Thanks for the input. I put silicon inside my handlebars to dampen vibration but its not enuf. I also heard the shock and vibe works better than flexx so looks like I will go that route. Time to start saving money.:disgust:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Number 2 and heavier handlebars. The heavier Renthals I have and new grips pretty much eliminated hand cramp, fatigue. I have the Shock and Vibe as well.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Tire pressure is huge and really no need to hold on so tight. Also handle bar height if your leaning forward putting alot of preasure on your hands get some risers or stem or something, oh and angle of your levers.

·
Registered
316 Posts
mikey soften up preload on your front shocks. I noticed you had them cranked up pretty far last weekend and your a light guy you are probably beating yourself up for nothing. and if you havent done it yet take your bike and go to a good shock guy and have them setup properly for your size and riding style

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mikey soften up preload on your front shocks. I noticed you had them cranked up pretty far last weekend and your a light guy you are probably beating yourself up for nothing. and if you havent done it yet take your bike and go to a good shock guy and have them setup properly for your size and riding style
If I remember correctly I have the front preload at 11" and rear at 10 3/4". All four shocks are already set up for my weight and riding style. I do have compression adjustment and the front shocks are 10 out of 26 from full soft but I guess I could soften them and see what happens but I'm already happy with them. I think the reason it seemed like my front end was high compared to urs is I have 23" razrs instead of 21".

·
Registered
316 Posts
maybe so but if you're having that much trouble with your hands I'm just thinkin,,,,, maybe you're set up a little stiff and it is just beating you up.. I've never had problems with my hands otherwise.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just lowered my shocks so now its 10 1/8" up front and 10" in the back with no rider. However its now 48" wide up front and 47.5" in the back, a little wide for tight trails but I'll see how it handles whenever my next ride is.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My fingers used to numb Shock and Vibe Clamp, Anti Vibe Stem, and Fat Bars. I can feel my fingers and can ride longer.
Thanks man, looks like thats the cure. :tup:

·
Registered
287 Posts
For arm pump 2 baby asprin before you ride and bengay on your arms!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
If you do a little more playing around w/ the hands......haha. The Flexx inserts help a lot, atleast thats what my cousin uses and he likes them. I never had the problem, but I always silicone or wax my handlebars for antivibe.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Try doing some hand stretching before you ride........not that kind. We had an occupational Dr. type guy give us a spiel at work about 10 years ago who showed us quite a few stretches to do. I don't use any of it at work, but it will help you ride considerably longer and not be so sore on the second day after. Adding the mechanical help and conditioning help a great deal, but stretching prior to a big ride helps also.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I have just tried this setup. Teixeira Tech +2 antivibe stem, Shock and Vibe clamps, Easton 11/8 Cr mid bars and Pro Taper pillow grips. There is zero vibration even at full throttle. I was amazed at this setup and how good it worked.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts