Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wut up i just got a 700xx like about 2 months ago i love the bike, the speed, handeling, even the way it looks. i have mine completely stock i clocked mine on a hand held gps and its hitting 80.6 mph, i do ride alot of trails but mostly streets theres not much terrain in miami lol. I wanted to know what does anyone reccomend for more top speed.???

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Wut up i just got a 700xx like about 2 months ago i love the bike, the speed, handeling, even the way it looks. i have mine completely stock i clocked mine on a hand held gps and its hitting 80.6 mph, i do ride alot of trails but mostly streets theres not much terrain in miami lol. I wanted to know what does anyone reccomend for more top speed.???
I'm stock too but from what I read here I'd say go big 3(Intake, programmer and full exhaust) and change your sprockets around. The big 3 would be for the power to turn the sprockets for top end. I believe you want to go bigger on the front sprocket and smaller for the rear. You might want to try changing the front sprocket to a 15t, thats one higher than stock. Order the front sprocket for the 450r, its the same as the 700xx. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Besides the big 3 to add power, you could also run either a 15t front sprocket OR a taller rear tire. I'd say one or the other and NOT both as you said you also do trails.

roadkill

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
do the big 3(full pipe, airfilter,and fuel controler)
after that a alba stage 2 with a bored tb should give u the power for a 15t front sproket

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If i just put on the 15t sprocket on the front do i have to change the back one and will my stock 700xx beable to pull that 15t sprocket????

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Do not put a 15t on a stock or big 3 bike. A stock bike cannot pull to the top of fifth with a 14t. A big3 bike will get you to the top of fifth with a 14t and top out at 87mph. The only reasoning I could see putting a 15t wouldn't be for top end but to merely lower rpm's while your cruising the streets. Doing this is going to hurt you in the trails though. I'm a bit anti-15t but fact is a 15t will hurt performance if the motor isn't built.

·
Registered
667 Posts
smooth is correct, but I run a 15 for the desert, and a 14 in the woods. My bike is 56hp at the rear wheels. serious engine work, more to come

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you don't want to build your engine, I would simply go to a 24 or 25 inch rear tire.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Do not put a 15t on a stock or big 3 bike. A stock bike cannot pull to the top of fifth with a 14t. A big3 bike will get you to the top of fifth with a 14t and top out at 87mph. The only reasoning I could see putting a 15t wouldn't be for top end but to merely lower rpm's while your cruising the streets. Doing this is going to hurt you in the trails though. I'm a bit anti-15t but fact is a 15t will hurt performance if the motor isn't built.
Please explain what you mean. I had a 15t with the "big 3" and I got it off the limiter in 5th. I have seen it posted before and people might like a better understanding of what you mean.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts