Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like some better bars. I want something close to stock but stronger. I wouldnt mind them a little taller than stock for standing up purposes. I am 5'9 but i have short arms. I like the trail tech bar clamp, but need some good bars to go with them. Of course i want 1 1/8th bars that taper to 7/8th's at the bars end. I've searched and researched but still don't know wich would be best for my situation? Please feel free to give your opinion. Thanks

·
Registered
755 Posts
Tag T2 high bend.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Mate, first up get the Trail Tec clamps with the nice little dash for $76 then you have the choice of there low, medium and high bars. I have rode with other bars and find the bend of these bars spot on all for $46. If you use there clamps you can not go any higher than the medium bars as the clamps raise the bars about 50mil over stock and your clutch cable may be to short.

Overlord

·
Registered
734 Posts
Pro Taper contour bars, Raptor bend!

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Pro Taper contour bars, Raptor bend!
ya know man it maybe a little difficult convincing any of us to put anything that say craptor on it on our bikes, sorry bout the typo lol. ;-) sorry man had to do im just playing tho

·
Registered
734 Posts
ya know man it maybe a little difficult convincing any of us to put anything that say craptor on it on our bikes, sorry bout the typo lol. ;-) sorry man had to do im just playing tho
It will give you 5hp over stock instantly!!! :lmao:
But seriously, they are the same bend as the stock xx ones :xx:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I would like some better bars. I want something close to stock but stronger. I wouldnt mind them a little taller than stock for standing up purposes. I am 5'9 but i have short arms. I like the trail tech bar clamp, but need some good bars to go with them. Of course i want 1 1/8th bars that taper to 7/8th's at the bars end. I've searched and researched but still don't know wich would be best for my situation? Please feel free to give your opinion. Thanks
easton bars
http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...lebars-Control&webCatId=12&prodFamilyId=25903

trail tech vapor computer and dash :xx:
or http://www.precision-rp.com/shockvibe.htm

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
i really like my protaper evo cr high rise bars. or go big and get flexx

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Flexx. They are worth the money. I had a set of Pro Tapers, but the difference in arm fatigue and shoulder soreness is like night and day for me.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Mate, get the Trail Tec there excellent value for money and the clamps are a very nice peace of work. They also make you ride further forward on the Quad which helps with handling.

Overlord

·
Registered
755 Posts
2x this...Flexx = much less fatigue. Flexx recommended the quad racer low, I choose the regular quad racer bar because of my height.
I believe Wayne matlock used to run flexx bars until the precision shock and vibe mounts came out. Only thing is you can't use both at the same time.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think i'll go with Overlord's advice and try the trail tech x-bars with the trail tech bar clamp with the dash for the dummy lights. I think the flexx bars are awesome. For a weekend warrior like me i just don't know if i can justify the price for the fast bars right now. I really need some good nerfs! So i'll go with the cheaper option and put some money into getting some proarmor nerfs and if i dont like the x-bars im only out $50 bucks! Thanks for the advice guys!

·
Registered
355 Posts
It will give you 5hp over stock instantly!!! :lmao:
But seriously, they are the same bend as the stock xx ones :xx:
I have Renthal 7/8 Raptor 660 bend with my Precision bar clamps. They are 1/2" wider and with the clamp 1/2" taller than stock. Work good for me. Anything is an improvement over the OEM steel bars. I used to get a lot of fatigue from vibration but now none at all.

·
Registered
108 Posts
i'm getting ready to get the easton fat bars 1 1/8 and the precision anti vibe mounts if i where just getting the bars i would go with the easton or protaper

·
Registered
18 Posts
renthal fatbar kfx450r bend is really comfortable..its really close to the cr high bend..i have them on my 450r..ive rolled it and broke the steering stem in half and the bars are still 100%..*knock on wood*..i just got my 700xx i havent put anything on it yet.....yet...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.