Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone do a write up on checking the valves? honda want 2-300 bucks

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
man this seems a pain in the @$$ i talked to phuck n i think hes gonna try n help me out

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
its not hard at all man its more work gettin the plastics on and off than anything actually doing the valves... super easy

·
Registered
340 Posts
Boys this job is a peace of cake as Courtney said it takes 30min to pull the plastics off and 5 min to adjust the valves then 30min to put the plastics back on.

Overlord

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Eclipse, I'd gladly show you how to do it if you were closer. I showed Nikki how to do hers (not that she will retain it). I guess if you have never adjusted valves before, it may be a tad difficult the first time, knowing where to put the T mark, and what stroke you are on.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
when i do it im gona make a vid so give me till the end for summer and u should have a vid on youtube

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i cant wait till the end of summer with out riding... im jus gonna take it to honda an have them do it for the first time.. phucknuts was willing to help me out but not sure when

·
Registered
355 Posts
Boys this job is a peace of cake as Courtney said it takes 30min to pull the plastics off and 5 min to adjust the valves then 30min to put the plastics back on.

Overlord
I'd rather spend and hour than $150!!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea no shit me too... Does neone live close to Md? Ill give some gas money then take u ridong or ill cone to u how bout this lol

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i can try but i think hes away filming i havent seen him around in a while

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
its really not that hard just be happy the xx is supper easy unlike a z400 PITA

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
IDK how far you are from Nikki, but I'd totally be down for helping you out and maybe not letting her hog tie me, but I am sure she has a cute friend or too that could. Too bad your dealer prob wont let you see how it is done.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I did my 1st 20 hour valve adjustment....I spent more time taking the plastic off than adjusting the valves. They were all right on the money, no adjustment needed. it is really easy....

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yea everyones saying it easy i jus dont trust myself doing the first one alone i guess.. im 5.5 hrs away from nikki atleast

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
danm how old are u ppl.....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts