Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, damn I was exited to go out as soon as I got off & install new Elkas..1st one beautiful ...2nd front one..The Top brass bushing is too small...Bolt will not go into it..I swear I have the worst luck of anybody when it comes to this XX..

Any suggestions that could help out now? or should I just go call Canada to Elka & see if they can ship me a new ( Correct size bushing?

:steamed:

·
Registered
734 Posts
Can you drill it out?

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Well, damn I was exited to go out as soon as I got off & install new Elkas..1st one beautiful ...2nd front one..The Top brass bushing is too small...Bolt will not go into it..I swear I have the worst luck of anybody when it comes to this XX..

Any suggestions that could help out now? or should I just go call Canada to Elka & see if they can ship me a new ( Correct size bushing?

:steamed:
I am assuming that you got front AND back since you said you got 2 boxes from Elka. Am I also right that one of the fronts was good, but the other's bushing was too small? If you got backs as well, I'd mount them first before calling Elka... just to find out if there are more problems that you need to tell Elka about... Just make one call. BTW - Since this is their mistake, have them send the fix via overnight express and hold to that.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
you gave it to much lovin last night!:lmao::lmao:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you gave it to much lovin last night!:lmao::lmao:
I knew I was gonna catch some $hit over that post last night.. I guess she had it tightened up since I was flopping around in that yesterday:lmao::lmao:

Seriously though I am pissed. Elka charges big bucks & I was willing to scrape it up to get them & so I called Elka ...they said ..."I really dont see how this is possible, since we only use 2 sizes of bushing 12mm & 15 mm. and your model takes the 12mm top & bottom"

Well damn I guess I am just Stupid or something..Maybe they should have sent me some 12mmm Bolts that fit their bushings then..:mad:

Well he said he would check into this and get back to me shortly..

Iam not knocking Elka, becuase I love these shocks & if they perform anywhere near as good as they look I will a Elka fan....BUT

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how about you box it back up and ship them girls to me!

on a serious note....deep breath and relax remember all the good years and rides a head of you... it will be ok!
I know I just got excited..I ended up going through my Harley bolts & found a nice bolt & washer set-up that fits good for now..I had to get them front on..I just had to...You all been there right?

P.S. I guess Elka closed for day, right after he told me he would call me right back..:eek:hno:

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I would have got fox shocks for the front they are about 8 pounds lighter.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
I know I just got excited..I ended up going through my Harley bolts & found a nice bolt & washer set-up that fits good for now..I had to get them front on..I just had to...You all been there right?

P.S. I guess Elka closed for day, right after he told me he would call me right back..:eek:hno:
with everything in life we get excited when we get something and we get even more excited when we don't get some...BUT if you relax....you get a lot more of the "get some"....

post the pics!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I never got a call back from Elka, so I call again. This time I got someone who was willing to listen & try & help me. He is sending me a new Top & Bottom bushing & rubbers so that hopefully one will take care of problem. He even ammitted that some times the installer will put in a wrong bushing. So early next week I will try again to get it right..

the thing that bothers me is that the first person told me that the 700xx has same size bushing at top & bottom which is 12mm. Today they tell me no, it has a smaller diameter on tops than bottom. ?? He even pulled Wayne Mattlocks file to check his size & said that was correct ..I think they are mixing up the bolt diameter with bushing thickness.

Oh well we will see!

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Well, I never got a call back from Elka, so I call again. This time I got someone who was willing to listen & try & help me. He is sending me a new Top & Bottom bushing & rubbers so that hopefully one will take care of problem. He even ammitted that some times the installer will put in a wrong bushing. So early next week I will try again to get it right..

the thing that bothers me is that the first person told me that the 700xx has same size bushing at top & bottom which is 12mm. Today they tell me no, it has a smaller diameter on tops than bottom. ?? He even pulled Wayne Mattlocks file to check his size & said that was correct ..I think they are mixing up the bolt diameter with bushing thickness.

Oh well we will see!

Good to hear that you got things sorted out with Elka. Which shocks did you get?

roadkill

·
Registered
626 Posts
elka being a well known shock company should be on top of there game it seems most people have issues with getting these shocks bolted up it sounds as people are more than happy once they are on however elka should have these teething issues soughted by now

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, the new bushings came today & Yes they installed the incorrect bushing in one of the top shock on front. The new set made all the difference & they are now on correctly. Man what a pain in @ss to get something right these days..Anyway thanks to ELKA for making it right...

Roadkill, I got stage3 all around..

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Which "model" did you get? Give us a ride report!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got Stage 3's all around..Ride report? GREAT! Elka's are $$, but I think they are worth it in my opinion..It took me a long time to save the $ , but I am glad I did.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh, and Thanks to Roadkill, as he is helping me thru the set-up:rock:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts