Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I am getting ready to mount up my new wheels & tires today . Do you guys really torque the nuts to spec? Or tighten until you feel its good or what?

Also....Can I use blue loc-tite on my lug nuts? I have seen a lot of loose nuts lately messing up some nice wheels..

any help or suggestions greatly appreciated ..

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I just tighten mine till I think there right.
I usually tighten them when the 700xx is on the stand and grip wheel between my knees and tighten. When the wheel slips between my knees , there tight enough.
As for blue loctite you can use is but I have never needed to use it .
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just tighten mine till I think there right.
I usually tighten them when the 700xx is on the stand and grip wheel between my knees and tighten. When the wheel slips between my knees , there tight enough.
As for blue loctite you can use is but I have never needed to use it .
Hope this helps.

Thank you Baxter.. I wanted to ask you a question anyway ..What are your "issues" With IMS tanks? I was thinking about getting one soon, and I saw you posted this on another thread.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
it adds quite alot of weight to the front end and I think I have a faulty fuel cap. The tank builds up too much pressure inside. Took the fuel line off and sprayed myself in fuel. I have ordered a new fuel cap.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
man, thats not good. I hope it was just you fuel cap. I had'nt thought much about the added weight?. Thanks for your info. Good luck with all your racing this season.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Did you mount your new wheels yet? A lot of aftermarket rims are flat where you put your lug nuts. All you have to do is flip the nuts around so it is flat against flat. I just use a 4 way wrench that I use for regular vehicles, and tighten it right down, using the star pattern. I've never lost a lug nut, and I have never used LocTite.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.