Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

help with rims

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  ceballos 
#1 ·
well i got paddles and rims but the rear rims are not ment for a 700xx there 10 inch rims but the offset is way off and makes it sit alot wider in the rear and i dont like that what rims should i buy so it will be the stock width in the rear? thanks

#2 · (Edited)
12 in, or 11 in. 10 inch rears have wider offset to clear the arms when suspension travels. If you don't want wider you can't go 10's. Stock width is like 47 ish inches with the factory 11in rims with 5+2 offset. I do believe itp makes a 10 with 4+3 which will make you 2 inches wider, what are the offsets of the rims you got?

#3 ·
idk how do i measure to know offset of my rims now?

#4 ·
i figured out that my rims are making me 4 inches wider in the rear so would the itp rims make me smaller in the rear?

#6 ·
There is no real suitable answer here... You could use your 11" rims with stock offset... But then, there is NO sand tire for a 11" rim... sucks! :steamed:
You could use a 10" rim such as an ITP, but then you'd have to deal with being wider because of the different offset needed to clear your upper a-arm... sucks again! :steamed:
I'm using a set of 12" ITP C5 rims that are not offered anymore. The sand tires I use (22x11-12 Sand Stars) with the 12" rims do not make the quad any wider. But since ITP doesn't offer the C5 rim anymore... sucks again!! :mad:

If you're wondering where I got my C5 rims and sand tires... Remington. I think he went to 10" rims with 20" sand tires. He offered them for sale and I jumped all over them.

roadkill

#8 ·
Sorry, I haven't finished beating the crap outta them... yet.

roadkill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.