Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't a 700XX question but here goes. My son's raptor 80 won't start. Has fuel and good spark. It won't even start by squirting starting fluid straight into the cylinder. I tried a new plug. Tore the carb apart and cleaned the jets. Drained the tank and put new gas in it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Try a compression check.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont have a tester, but I dont think it would be anything major(internal). He was riding it about 3 weeks ago and it ran fine. Went to get it out and it wont start

·
Registered
574 Posts
If it has fuel and spark that leaves 4 things, flooded, plugged exhaust, compression, timing.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
If you suspect compression, you can see if it will blow your thumb off the spark plug hole for a quick check. Just make sure to get the plug cap out of the way so you don't taze yourself.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Can do the same thing w/ the exhaust to see if you are getting anything out of the end as well. Is it a manual? If so, try popping it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got it fixed. It was the battery. Cranked over fine but apparently it wasnt putting out enough amps to start it. Thanks for all the suggestions

·
Registered
66 Posts
Even though you already have it fixed one thing to watch for on those quads is that the screws that hold the choke plate on vibrate lose and get sucked though the engine. usually tearing up the head valves piston and cylinder along the way

1 - 8 of 8 Posts