Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, I'm Justin. Live in Swan Hills, Alberta. picking up my 08 700xx tomorrow :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Welcome to the madness. Be sure to post a pic of your new ride after you pick it up, one with dirt/mud on it is preferred.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dirty may be hard to do, theres 3 feet of snow in swan hills right now. im pretty well stuck to the groomed snowmobile trails. i'll see if i can't get it buried in the snow and take a pic though!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Welcome and I feel your pain, I got mine in Dec and I don't even have two hours on yet! But the Good news is the snow is starting to melt, about half gone here.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
uh we've got about 3 months of snow left. but it wont slow me down, i'll just have to stick to the lease roads and snowmobile trails :)
gotta get used to it for dune season eh

·
Registered
421 Posts
Oh dang 3 feet. Everything recently melted last week and on Friday we got about 6 inches which on Sunday was still just soft fluffy snow and made for the best riding I have ever had. I'm completely stock including tires and was busting through 3' tall drifts by about 10' in length. There was a few hills that I couldn't quite keep up enough traction to get up but I was very surprised at how well I got around in the snow. I think I surprised all my buddies that were riding with four wheel drive engaged most of the time.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah the one im buying doesnt have much for tires. the stockers are about half wore. i'm looking into ordering a set of razr's immediately.

im stoked. waiting for the mother in law to come pick up the 3 yr old and then heading to the dealership. should be home, riding and frozen within 4 hours lol.

edit: nice display pic lol

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got it! got home in time for an hour of riding. had to stick to the snowmobile trails and the roads.. but its got way more power than i expected lol. i had to lean into it to keep the front wheels on the ground through 2nd and 3rd gear.. haven't needed fifth yet!
the tires have maybe 30-40% tread left.. it handles fine on the snowmobile trails but sucks on ice. think i'll order some 10" ITP's this week.

so far i friggin' love it!
it hasnt had a valve adjustment since new, so its definately due for one. gonna have that done this week.
convinced the dealership to throw in a new helmet too.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Congrats on the purchase

1 - 10 of 10 Posts