723 Posts
"well I'm fucked...." lol

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Lol I had the same thing happen to me last year, riding on a trail along a swamp when suddenly the trail turned in to swamp. Took 10 minutes of digging with my bare hands and a winch to get me out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol I had the same thing happen to me last year, riding on a trail along a swamp when suddenly the trail turned in to swamp. Took 10 minutes of digging with my bare hands and a winch to get me out.

Lol yeah I wasn't paying attention I guess. 'Cause if you look in the video you see a path that goes to the left. I saw that but figured it'd just be easier to go straight in the 'grass' rather than turning a sharp left. When I got off the quad I sunk down to my knees. About lost my boots over that. It stayed in there for about an hour until I finally found 3 4x4's driving by to give me a hand. Embarrassed to say this but..... A Polaris winched me out. Never thought I'd see that but it was a pretty nice 4x4 regarding the name on the side of it lol.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I always found it better to wrap the cable around the frame in back of the bumper rather than to the bumper itself. Good video. I watched the same thing happen to Scott last month!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I always found it better to wrap the cable around the frame in back of the bumper rather than to the bumper itself. Good video. I watched the same thing happen to Scott last month!

Yeah which I should have done that but I hooked it up to the easiest thing I could reach leaning over the handle bars. Things happen I suppose lol.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Haha great vid this happened to me 2 weekends ago. Luckily there was a 4x4 honda that saw us from a distance he barely got me out! His winch cable snapped because it was so old and he ended up pulling me out with a tow strap. After that weekend i bought a winch set up for the xx. I won't need any help from the 4x4's now ha.

·
Registered
205 Posts
"Well I'm fucked..."

Awesome

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.