Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Jeff, im clueless about HID's. why did you choose the H6M bulb?

Fooleo, what bulb did you choose with the 8K?
H6M refers to the base of the bulb, Its a description of what housing it fits in. Fooleo bulb is a H6M also. The 8K is the bulb color. The higher the number the less usable light the bulb puts out. A 4K bulb is the brightest and most natural color, 8k bulbs have a blue tint with less visibility and a 10k would be purple in color and wreck you into a tree when night riding from low illumination.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Looks good from the head on view.. you need to post a video from the riders point of view.. that's where the real question is. Once i see that i'll place my order.. i'm a big skeptic of that stuff.
As long as you stay in a sensible light color (4300k 6000k) there is no comparison to the light output of an HID. Money well spent

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
HID's are pretty much safe in any housings (35watt), The newer 55watt HID's are not recommended in fog lights or other smaller housing's.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
hey smooth u think the 55w is ok in the 700??
I'm going to try the 55watt set in mine so I'll let u know how it goes. Our housing's are of decent size and vented so I feel it's safe enough to try. For anyone who prefers not to chance the 55watt the 35's are still a vast improvement over the stock setup. I personally only recommend the 4300k - 6500k lumen bulbs. Anything higher than that seriously starts effecting usable light output

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
The HID bulb plugs into the ballast and the ballast plug into your existing light harness

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Thanks for the info...made my 12k install go smooth...other than that 10A Fuse blowing within 2 seconds of turning them on for the first time....haha...replaced it with a 30A.....and loving the Blue light now...thanks again...
It would be best to install the 15amp as mentioned. It save replacing a wire harness

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
It would be best two wire the two together and keep the selector on high. One wire carrying the load of both wouldn't be optimal for the ballast or wire.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.