Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
41 - 60 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
well i give up, there is really no way a camera can capture the beauty that is an $80 HID kit on a trx... you can see the rain being lit up bright enough to be picked up on a cell phone camera during the day if that helps give you any idea how insane they are.

and yes, my wheels are clean - just painted 'em.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
i dont think ive added how this is one of the greatest mods of all time to do on Anything with lights! now i have! trust me im from california! but seriously night riding has never been better and its like a plus 10+ bling factor the ladies love the blue light.

·
Registered
452 Posts
u all have a hi lo kit or jus a lo kit or are actually both on at same time its hard to tell lol.. im order a set as we speeak

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
u all have a hi lo kit or jus a lo kit or are actually both on at same time its hard to tell lol.. im order a set as we speeak
You lose high/low, but you wont need them anyway.:D

·
Registered
452 Posts
yea same in my truck.. how long roughly install time?? ok i have a hid kit(pair) n one plug.. jus splice both hids with one tail to wire to the plug??

·
Registered
183 Posts
install time could take roughly 2-3 hours... its not bad at all though. it just depends on how you are with wiring and general craftywork. our plug will not connect to your hid ballast. you will have to modify the existing headlight harness to wire up with the ballast. like you said, you will splice to ballasts to be powered by the one wire harness. see super detailed schematic below:

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
new lo is about 10 times brighter than old hi

·
Registered
189 Posts
well i guess i might have to buy these. have them in my car and swear by them so i guess ill now be able to swear by them in my atv as well lol

·
Registered
184 Posts
Anyone know if the bulbs used burn alot hotter? dont want to melt/warp the headlight leanse. :lmao:

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
HID's are pretty much safe in any housings (35watt), The newer 55watt HID's are not recommended in fog lights or other smaller housing's.

41 - 60 of 192 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.