Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a few people from here have these. How are they holding up? Do you like them? Does the gripper part help much to stop you from sliding around?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just installed a black one last week and it is very nice. The gripper top is great and the fit is spot on. Just make sure you have a GOOD stapler to install it. My HD hand stapler would not go through the hard plastic of the seat base, ended up using a electric stapler and that barely did it. Ideally an air powered one would be the way to go.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I just ordered mine today. Call them, dont just order on Ebay they hook you up with a sweet price since you are from the club. I ordered a gripper seat and it was going to be $41 shipped then I added embroidering for another $15. The guy was great and said I should have it in 7 days.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I got mine in a few days ago...Red gripper top and black gripper sides. I had the 700xx logo on the sides. I got my old cover off pretty easy. I tried to use my stapler and like the other guys said it would not go thought the hard plastic. So I call a local upholstery shop got them to put it on for me. I should get it back tomorrow..I will post some pics when I get it back...

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went with the black gripper top and the black carbon fiber sides with CRASH on the sides

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Had mine for 3 months now and is still looks good, of course you have to wash the gripper portion with a brush or else it will leave some spots. Overall, very happy with it.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Looks nice but the picture is very small, need to get my binoculars on so I can see it real good. They are very good in designing your labels.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sorry the pic is small..I tried to load it and it was too big..so I reduced the size a little and ...well..I guess it shrunk it really small..I got a guy in town to staple it on for me. I do not have a staple gun that is strong enough to go through the plastic. I like it and it seems to hold you in place. I just rode down the road and back...I guess I will have to try it out this weekend....

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Yeah I have a gun but brought it in since I wanted to look good and they did a real good job for $40. Well worth the cost.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I got the guy to do it for 30 bucks..was going to be 40 bucks but his wife got sick and he kept my seat for 3 days. He said he would have it done by Noon on Thurs...I got it back on Saturday afternoon, well worth the wait and I guess the wait paid off...

·
Registered
96 Posts
They are the best seat covers ever made. I had one on my DVX. I broke my neck and it I was down so it sat out side for 5 months. I used a bad cleaner on it befor and it caused the cover to fade from a sick lime green to a fade blue ish color. I contacted them and the provided a replacement. I had the cover on there for over 9 months.

Other then that I have the covers on a Prairie, 200X, 700XX, KFX700, and a Rappy. Check oout my head light cover thread to see mine.

One word, AWESOME!!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got mine in the mail today. Almost done stapling it up. That part was a pain in the ass. I used an electric stapler an it needed to be stronger; it worked but barely. Use an air stapler if possible. Other then that it looks great. I'll have it finished tonight and put some pics up tomorrow

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Well I got it on. I definately like it and it really holds your butt in place. I went with black gripper and black carbon fiber. I did the stapling myself.

[/ATTACH]

·
Registered
97 Posts
Looks good. That is my next purchase for sure.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Pretty sure this thread needs moved to product reviews and its old but I will comment anyway. I definitely recommend this seat cover to anyone in the market for a new one. The custom embroidery is the best I've seen yet plus the extra padding is great. Well worth the money!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.