Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to jump ship from my Raptor 727 and get a XX.
I need experienced help on what mods I need to build a reliable high horsepower XX. My goal would be to stay on pump gas at 5,000ft. elevation. If thats not possible then I do have race fuel nearby. I won't do nitrous or turbo. I am capable of doing the build myself and can see investing 2k to 3k in it. The goal would be no less than 65hp, but would like to see around 80 or more. I would prefer the build to be more torque directed, lots of low to mid power.
Thanks for all the help guys!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bueller.....Bueller......

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
65 up is the max you're going to do with an all motor build. Maybe 70 if you really tweak it. You'll need the web 290 cam ported and polished head with bigger valves, 12.5 to 1 cp piston. (race gas) a PC V, a quality full exhaust, hardened rockers, and a modified intake.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Oh and a bored throttle body and heavier valve springs. Heavier clutch springs as well

·
Registered
138 Posts
Call Eric at EHS racing. you will have to run pump gas but will be pushing some serious hp.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have a customer in FL running 68+ hp on a 727... there is more to be had but cost of head work goes up for th ebigger valves/seats...thats on a 290 cam...

Cuervo Racing 951-743-6328
I would like to hear your thoughts on this build. I'll send you a pm with my email also.

On a different note, do you still have the XX pegs from your part out?

·
Registered
12 Posts
The head limits you to peak HP but 80 is possible. The design of the port makes awesome torque which is very useful though. If your looking for a fast multipurpose bike the XX is top notch, The raptor would suit you better if only interest is racing.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The head limits you to peak HP but 80 is possible. The design of the port makes awesome torque which is very useful though. If your looking for a fast multipurpose bike the XX is top notch, The raptor would suit you better if only interest is racing.
Thanks for the input. Now that I have owned this for more than a couple days I have determined that I don't need so much power. I came from a highly modded Raptor that I only rode at the dunes. I have changed my riding to mountain trails and realized I don't need a quad on steroids anymore. A big three build will probably suffice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts