Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO who would be interested??

it seems like a common problem with the 700xx to crank over slow and mainly due to the battery itself, so who would be interested in a light weight high power custom battery

this is a similar unit used in the raptor 700

LI cell technology..I can get them custom made for the xx application and boost capacity as well

ANTI GRAVITY BATTERIES 4600 series

Easily cranks over HI COMP BIG BORE/ STROKE motors
Light weight and cost effective
Lithium Based a123 cells
Studs for easy/ hassle free install
Foam jackets to fit tightly in OEM location

weight savings of 5.75 lbs over stock

LTR 450 SUZUKI

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'll bite... What kind of price are we looking at? Only mods I have are EHS big 3, would it be ok for that?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
CV4 also makes light weight batteries with more cranking amps, they go for a little over 200 dollars,and think they weigh less than 2 lbs. , it was in dirt wheels mag.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
They are more than any of those ebay batteries but IMO worth it. I got to see how easy they cranked over HDD's big bore raptors and the weight savings over a stock battery so I ordered one.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
How long do they last? Durability? I realize you may not know for people that are in the cold for half the year, but what if you don't ride your quad for a while, they still tender friendly?

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no battery tender needed though u can use it... they will hold a charge for a year without use.
with the LI batteries it all about the quality of cells used and the package they come in... these are easy install using the factory terminals, no rewiring needed...

will serve duty in trail dune/ snow/ wet/ mud applications with no issues,

we did a voltage/crank test with this battery with amazing results....
we drained the 4600 series cell battery to 11.6 volts and it would still crank over the bike, and quick///// so it has a lot of reserve.... try doing that with a lead acid battery and it will stop cranking around 12.2 v

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
So I think I could get away with just a 8 cell? If it fires a big bore rappy with no problems. It should fire my little bike up easily.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Yeah, when I get back from Germany and get sometime, I am taking my bike back apart, got to figure out if something is getting shorted or if the starter is shot. Then I will be getting a battery as well.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
How long do they last? Durability? I realize you may not know for people that are in the cold for half the year, but what if you don't ride your quad for a while, they still tender friendly?

If you are not going to ride the xx for that length of time , better to disconnect the battery. Been researching this type of battery since Nov 2010.
From what I have read and discussed with several people , companys and going on a hunch. This might cure the xx problem.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.