Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have noticed in high rpm's this rattle that creates a lot of vibration. It definitely seems to be from the motor. It has gotten worse I believe. Gonna clean off the mud and remove some plastics and fuel tank to see if I have any loose motor mounts. Any ideas of anything else internal or external? I'm hoping I don't have a motor bearing going out.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Check your exhaust's heat shield.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Single cylinder engines are prone to vibration, This is the reason for a countershaft. The larger displacement amplifies what the countershaft cannot correct.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Single cylinder engines are prone to vibration, This is the reason for a countershaft. The larger displacement amplifies what the countershaft cannot correct.
Do you mean counter balancer?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Checked my heat shields and they're solid. Thanks for the tip! Have yet to dig into it further. It seems to be much worse than a single cylinder common vibration. I have owned 450R's and they have no counter balancer to save weight. Its a pretty aggressive rattle/vibration.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I cured my vibration. Not 100% sure what was causing it. I found a slightly loose nerf bar. Some loose plastic around the gas tank. And to my surprise a mildly loose heat shield bolt. I had went out and tapped all around the exhaust and heat shields and didn't hear a vibration. Put an allen wrench on each and did find one a tad loose.
Anyway, I took it down the rode in high rpm's and didn't feel or hear it anymore. Very excited. It was one of those things that bug ya!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts