·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do not see it on their web site for sale Matlock? Wonder when they'll update their web site and the cost.

Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
671 Posts
I believe phucknuts is running Hinson clutch parts . :D
He is. I know it was installed before the Parker 250 back in January. He should have a bunch of time on it by now. I know it made it though the Parker race with no issues.

Nash, here is a post I found from Wayne from a couple of months ago with some info regarding his clutch kits:

The clutch comes with fibers, metals, and springs. It sales for $217.00 plus shipping. Like I posted on here before, we have run our quad for 17 hours strait with out turning it off. Through deep sand whoops, rocky mountain trails and the thing is perfect at the finish line. And I can guarantee you that it was ridden harder than any other quad on the course. The metals and fibers in our clutch are 30% larger than stock. That is why it can take so much more abuse than other clutches on the market. As far as I know we are the only ones offering this setup.
I know Wayne's setup is what I will be buying for my 700XX once I have the need. Figure if Wayne and crew can use it for a entire Baja 1000, it will work just fine for my slow azz! There is a link on the Wayne's website to "Contact Matlock Racing", I am sure if you used that, he would be more then happy to answer any questions you have.

As fars as I know, Wayne, Hinson, and OEM are the only sources for clutch parts for the 700XX.

Doug

·
Registered
579 Posts
I have the info somewhere in e-mail that they sent me. I will find it & post. It had price too!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Well, here is e-mail I got from Wayne:

"Hi Jeff,

Great news...the Matlock Racing HD Race Clutch is available and ready to ship! It is $169 plus shipping. I just need your address to calculate shipping.

Thanks,

Wayne"

·
Registered
671 Posts
Dont waste your money! call EFM and get an auto clutch.. Much better and you'll be much happier!
I had a CRF450R with a rekluse auto clutch in it years ago. Loved it in the tight technical stuff, but hated it in the fast desert stuff that I usually ride. Since my 700XX is pretty much only going to be used for faster desert stuff and based on my experiance with one in my CRF, I would be very unhappy with a auto clutch in my 700XX.

Doug

·
Registered
1,400 Posts

"Hi Jeff,

Great news...the Matlock Racing HD Race Clutch is available and ready to ship! It is $169 plus shipping. I just need your address to calculate shipping.

Thanks,

Wayne"
looks like he dropped the price... That's the way to go there...

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cool! Thanks for the info, I'll get in touch with Wayne and by the way; if I wanted an auto clutch, I would have bought a 4x4....

"Hi Jeff,

Thanks,

Wayne"

·
Registered
355 Posts
I hope Wayne Matlock continues to ride the XX for many years. All the race time he puts in really helps with developing performance parts that are then proven to be reliable. I'm adding the clutch to my wish list.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Autoclutch works great, I've put in a lot of seat time with it along with a few races and no problems. Just like a Rekluse though, make sure you run OEM fibers and plates.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I do have a Hinson Clutch, have had no issues, works great. Wayne has the steels with his, I just got fibers and springs. Made a big diffenence, after Eric put the engine together the stock was slipping from the increased torque. Either way you go it will be good, I am sure Wayne will stand behind his clutch as will Hinsen

1 - 20 of 23 Posts