Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just had Hiper make me a custom set of Carbon Fiber Wheels. I had them built 10x8 with a 3/5 offset. I will post some pics soon, went with a different color choice so want to get all my stuff installed first!:hey:

·
Registered
445 Posts
just had Hiper make me a custom set of Carbon Fiber Wheels. I had them built 10x8 with a 3/5 offset. I will post some pics soon, went with a different color choice so want to get all my stuff installed first!:hey:
While I'm a big fan of Hipers (and you)..........:lmao:..........another XX owner has them and stated they had to be "modified" as they wouldn't fit over his stock rear a-arms.

Also.......they aren't carbon fiber; they are made from a carbon composite resin; that means plastic. If you check you wil see that they dont actualy mention Carbon Fiber anywhere on their site.

To be fair carbon fiber is too stiff and would snap rather than bend like plastic will. They aren't that light either.

Personally, I hope they do work (as I said I am a big fan) as the 3/5 offset would be a great cheap(er) solution to those who want a wider rear end without the huge expense of a-arms.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn, that sounds like some big bucks. Can't wait to see that. How much weight savings will you have over an aluminum rim?
Thanks, they are a little lighter, alot stronger, fit perfectly. The best thing about Hipers is you can change the offset and rim width by just changing the billet aluminum center. I picked up some factory support from Hiper but the still hit the wallet! :lmao:

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
While I'm a big fan of Hipers (and you)..........:lmao:..........another XX owner has them and stated they had to be "modified" as they wouldn't fit over his stock rear a-arms.

Also.......they aren't carbon fiber; they are made from a carbon composite resin; that means plastic. If you check you wil see that they dont actualy mention Carbon Fiber anywhere on their site.

To be fair carbon fiber is too stiff and would snap rather than bend like plastic will. They aren't that light either.

Personally, I hope they do work (as I said I am a big fan) as the 3/5 offset would be a great cheap(er) solution to those who want a wider rear end without the huge expense of a-arms.
despite your scarcastic remarks the Hipers are great rims! The offset I will play with to get the set up correct. I also have the Houser rears on the way. Thanks for your kind words, oh and what rims you using?:hey:

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Dave

Are we having a bad week? Seemed to be on the hedge lately :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
despite your scarcastic remarks the Hipers are great rims! The offset I will play with to get the set up correct. I also have the Houser rears on the way. Thanks for your kind words, oh and what rims you using?:hey:
Are the rear Housers 1" back or stock wheelbase?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if i remember correctly they are +.75 each side, I am running a series in the woods and hope they are not too wide!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dave

Are we having a bad week? Seemed to be on the hedge lately :)
No I am fine, been a long week but I just can't stand the negitive remarks from jelious people! Same with your fenders, I read all the comments and it pissed me off. This clown Ozlinc just goes against anything I say or like, if I said the sky is blue he would say it is aqua and give some bs story about it. I cant wait to post the picture that says "Hiper Carbon Fiber" where it is stamped in the wheels! But then we will get a long BS disertation on how crow isn't eatable! LOL

·
Registered
445 Posts
This clown Ozlinc just goes against anything I say or like, if I said the sky is blue he would say it is aqua and give some bs story about it. I cant wait to post the picture that says "Hiper Carbon Fiber" where it is stamped in the wheels! But then we will get a long BS disertation on how crow isn't eatable! LOL
Honestly.......you must be the smallest person on the planet. You take every comment personally as if disagreeing with you is a sin.

No one can tell you anything!.....

They dont say "Hiper Carbon Fiber" anywhere........they aren't carbon fibre; you dont want that anyway.

I gave you good factual info you could use and you throw it in my face.

·
Registered
445 Posts
O.K. just checked with Hiper myself.........we are both wrong.....and right.

They use the cloth used in traditional carbon fibre but lay it like fibreglass in strips and then encase it in plastic.

QUOTE "Our wheels use a form of carbon fiber that is mixed with an opaque nylon resin matrix. The discontinuous carbon fiber reinforcement, looks like plastic because the carbon fibers are hidden under the matrix."

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
"O.K. just checked with Hiper myself.........we are both wrong.....and right."

now thats a way to play nicely boys... sometimes it takes a strong person to be the one to say lets agree to disagree then to sling mud at each other... unless its fun for BOTH of you!

now can I get these wheels in purple...its a good signature color for a girl ;)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
87 Posts
if i remember correctly they are +.75 each side, I am running a series in the woods and hope they are not too wide!
I mean is it 1" extended wheelbase, not width. I know they are .75 longer, just curious if they moved em back an inch? I think the XX needs it.

+.75 with stock offset wheels should be good in the woods

Hipers are Carbon Fiber, they just use a diffrent type of non-transparent resin

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you I can't wait to POST the picture of the Stamp on the wheels that says "HIPER Carbon Fiber" that according to Ozdink dosn't exist. I quess he will say I went out and purchaced a mold and stamp and produced the logo! lol I will Call Jeff and ask about the extra wheelbase for you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts