Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke with Hiper today who can supply a 4.5:3 10" 144 single beadlock wheel instead of the stock 5:2 11" 144 wheel.
Anybody already use these?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes this is the sort of racer I'm trying to build. so far I have ordered. Roll Design +2.5"/+1" front arms with 4:1 front hipers, Elka system 3 damper, Houser +1" anti-vibe stem and PEP PB1's for the front and the Sonic +1"/+1" rear with PEP ZPS ARC with piggy back rezzies and Sonic anti-roll system. I am looking at using 20" front tyres and 18" maxxis (10" rim) on the rear.
I'm worried whether these wheels will actually fit the Sonic arms. It all looks correct on paper, should give me 2" extra length, 4" wider and 4" lower with the smaller tyres and PEP ZPS system. Extra 2" of travel allround for the big jumps.
This means it should be good for rough MX tracks, or at least thats what i'm hoping!

·
Registered
537 Posts
4" lower with the smaller tires? Are you planning on using 14" tall tires?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should loose 2" by dropping to the 18" on the back and another 2" lower by adjusting the PEP shocks ride height using the ZPS.

·
Registered
551 Posts
18's vs. 22's will equal 2" lower not 4".

·
Registered
734 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers for that but if you read again i gain the extra 2" with the shocks ZPS (Zero preload system). The quad will sit lower but will not loose it's maximum travel. The underbelly of the frame will sit 4" lower.

·
Registered
734 Posts
me bad...

·
Registered
551 Posts
Oh sorry those must be good shocks. With no pre-load still have full travel.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am the owner of that black and blue XX. With the Sonic Arms and Hypers it get VERY wide as you can see from the pic. Get the arms. I am not totally happy with the Hypers and Razr 2's. Lost A LOT of top end it seems.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am a big fan of Hipers, are yours the same offset?

I have ordered the Sonic rear arms and they are in UK Customs at the moment and the front Roll Design arms arrived this morning.
Would you not get your top end back by running an extra tooth on the front sprocket to cancel out the smaller rear wheels? I am trying KENDA KLAW 20"!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts