Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the HMF Performance full system along with the HMF programmer and uni filter. It was plug and play and runs great. I will be putting the EHS lid on was wondering if anyone has this set up and if they had to change settings and what those setting were.

Thanks

·
Registered
626 Posts
hay mate i have the same pipe and programmer but use a pro design filter i just run the standard settings i have not had any dramas

·
Registered
755 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Well mostly because in my experience with it... The pre-filter doesn't filter anything? Water and or dust goes right threw it. Just seems like a waste of cash to me. I would just run the stock lid or no lid with a prefilter over a uni and save yourself the cash.

·
Registered
330 Posts
it doesnt filter anything? thats odd, its the whole reason Im getting it because with a open box the filter gets very dirty VERY fast and with the lid on it doesnt get as much air and still gets very dirt after 3 days in the sand.

I was under the impression every one here loved the lid

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Yea I was sold on the idea of the lid also. I got it mostly to keep water and mud out of my air box and out of my filter. We usually don't have as much dust here to worry about. I thought water would bead up on the prefilter? It doesn't!!! First ride with it on my uni filter got wet. I don't submerge my bike and I go easy threw mud puddles! Some people on here tease me about it. But needless to say after first ride my airbox was as dirty if not dirtier than with just the stock lid. I performed a little test to see if it would repel water like is advertised. I held it under a small stream of water under the kitchen sink. Thinkin the water would bead and run off... Nope it went straight threw. I put a light coat of filter oil on the inside of my airbox to catch dust. After only about 3 hours of riding my airbox was really dusty! Like I said before dust isn't a problem here. Also my seat rubs on the aluminum piece that holds the prefilter on. That's why I would say to just put a prefilter over a uni and run without a lid. That's the cheaper way to go! There's no need IMO to purchase a whole new lid.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
ummm they definetly will keep the water out it is possible that you got a non water resistent filter. Outerwears sneaks them in on me everyonce in awhile you should be able to let a small stream of water on it and it keep 100% of that out if you blast it it should keep about 75-80% out. Send me back the filter and let me see it if its not keeping the water out i will send you a new one. As far as dust the very fine fine stuff will get in through the lid but the rest wont it could be you just got a bad filter.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
I ran water right through mine and my friends. The pre filter is not water resistant or proof, water travels right through. I knew before I bought the ehs kit that this was the case. I don't plan on going snorkeling with my xx so I'm cool with this. I love the power the ehs kit gave me though, it's awesome!!!

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Whatever is the most cost effective way to do this Eric. I will gladly purchase another prefilter to see if that is the issue here?

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Well I expected the little bit of water that splashed up under my seat to bead up and run off the prefilter. I thought they were coated in some type of water repellant? I don't go mudding with my bike either. I wanted the lid to help keep that muddy water from getting in my airbox. The stock lid just sucks water right in!!! When we were at Hatfield McCoy I kept getting water in my airbox with the stock lid. I was hoping the EHS lid would help this?

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I know they make prefilters that are water resistant. I've put them on my trucks cold air intake before. Like Eric said maybe I just got a non coated filter by mistake?

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
the motor is a like a vacumm but the lid will act like tamberine and allows the filter to self clean/ bounce the water. if its complelty covered then yeah your going to get wet but thats only going to come from submerging it. I have people tell me about everyday that they have went through some complelty nasty water and went and pulled there cover expecting the box to be full and found nothing but a dry box. They do work very well for water

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
With no disrespect in the real world the lid is in a vacuum and there is no place for the water to run off. But i do not use my 700xx as a boat and avoid water and mud as much as possible.

PUSSY ! The worst conditions are where the 700xx shines best !
And Erics lid keeps me smiling when most Pro's Quit or Breakdown. :D

Word to Admin , Why can'y I have my stupid grin on the reply grid smilies ? :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Ok I think I just got a bad filter. The video prooves it. I don't go mudding with my bike either. But around here it's unavoidable at times. I mean when your on a tight mountain trail and there's a mudhole as wide as the trail then you must go threw it. I want to let the air in and keep as much of the dirt and water out as possible. Thanks Eric for posting the video! I will be purchasing a new filter soon. Problem solved...

·
Registered
70 Posts
the motor is a like a vacumm but the lid will act like tamberine and allows the filter to self clean/ bounce the water. if its complelty covered then yeah your going to get wet but thats only going to come from submerging it. I have people tell me about everyday that they have went through some complelty nasty water and went and pulled there cover expecting the box to be full and found nothing but a dry box. They do work very well for water
The only time a like a dry box

1 - 20 of 32 Posts