Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

HMF and EHS Lid

6K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  EHSRACING 
#1 ·
I got the HMF Performance full system along with the HMF programmer and uni filter. It was plug and play and runs great. I will be putting the EHS lid on was wondering if anyone has this set up and if they had to change settings and what those setting were.

Thanks

#6 ·
Why don't you like it??

#8 ·
it doesnt filter anything? thats odd, its the whole reason Im getting it because with a open box the filter gets very dirty VERY fast and with the lid on it doesnt get as much air and still gets very dirt after 3 days in the sand.

I was under the impression every one here loved the lid

#9 ·
Yea I was sold on the idea of the lid also. I got it mostly to keep water and mud out of my air box and out of my filter. We usually don't have as much dust here to worry about. I thought water would bead up on the prefilter? It doesn't!!! First ride with it on my uni filter got wet. I don't submerge my bike and I go easy threw mud puddles! Some people on here tease me about it. But needless to say after first ride my airbox was as dirty if not dirtier than with just the stock lid. I performed a little test to see if it would repel water like is advertised. I held it under a small stream of water under the kitchen sink. Thinkin the water would bead and run off... Nope it went straight threw. I put a light coat of filter oil on the inside of my airbox to catch dust. After only about 3 hours of riding my airbox was really dusty! Like I said before dust isn't a problem here. Also my seat rubs on the aluminum piece that holds the prefilter on. That's why I would say to just put a prefilter over a uni and run without a lid. That's the cheaper way to go! There's no need IMO to purchase a whole new lid.

#10 ·
ummm they definetly will keep the water out it is possible that you got a non water resistent filter. Outerwears sneaks them in on me everyonce in awhile you should be able to let a small stream of water on it and it keep 100% of that out if you blast it it should keep about 75-80% out. Send me back the filter and let me see it if its not keeping the water out i will send you a new one. As far as dust the very fine fine stuff will get in through the lid but the rest wont it could be you just got a bad filter.

#11 ·
I ran water right through mine and my friends. The pre filter is not water resistant or proof, water travels right through. I knew before I bought the ehs kit that this was the case. I don't plan on going snorkeling with my xx so I'm cool with this. I love the power the ehs kit gave me though, it's awesome!!!

#13 ·
Well I expected the little bit of water that splashed up under my seat to bead up and run off the prefilter. I thought they were coated in some type of water repellant? I don't go mudding with my bike either. I wanted the lid to help keep that muddy water from getting in my airbox. The stock lid just sucks water right in!!! When we were at Hatfield McCoy I kept getting water in my airbox with the stock lid. I was hoping the EHS lid would help this?

#18 ·
PUSSY ! The worst conditions are where the 700xx shines best !
And Erics lid keeps me smiling when most Pro's Quit or Breakdown. :D

Word to Admin , Why can'y I have my stupid grin on the reply grid smilies ? :lol:

#17 ·
the motor is a like a vacumm but the lid will act like tamberine and allows the filter to self clean/ bounce the water. if its complelty covered then yeah your going to get wet but thats only going to come from submerging it. I have people tell me about everyday that they have went through some complelty nasty water and went and pulled there cover expecting the box to be full and found nothing but a dry box. They do work very well for water

#19 ·
Ok I think I just got a bad filter. The video prooves it. I don't go mudding with my bike either. But around here it's unavoidable at times. I mean when your on a tight mountain trail and there's a mudhole as wide as the trail then you must go threw it. I want to let the air in and keep as much of the dirt and water out as possible. Thanks Eric for posting the video! I will be purchasing a new filter soon. Problem solved...

#32 ·
i will change out your filter no problem just send me the old one and i will exchange it if it is not the water resistant material or if you get a new one send me the old one back afterwards and i will credit you back for the new purchase.

as far as dirt stuff goes you guys cant expect your airbox to be spotless the filters wont keep the real fine dust from getting in there. There isnt much way around that and its what your air filter job is for. It should keep all sand, and anything with any size what so ever out of there completly and it will help with the fine dust. I usually tell people that you should expect to clean your air filter about a 1/3 less with the lid compared to no lid at all. And i think putting a coat of oil on the box make a bigger mess than just letting it sit dry, the fine dust will coat the inside of the box and usually stay put but with the oil it will just turn into mess.

if anybody thinks they have a bad filter dont be shy i will take care of it just shoot me a pm i dont care if it 10 days or 6 months ago. but i suspect if it is a few bad filters it will just be a select few from a certain time frame. i tested all i had in stock and they were all ok

#25 ·
Did you notice good power gains with the full hmf? And how far does it stick out compared to stock? I am between your exhaust and the barkers. I just would prefer to not have to trim my prm grab bar. Opinions?

#29 ·
The HMF system really changed my bike. It is extremely responsive and sounds great. With the vector tip it is at the same length of the stock grab bar. It was shorter when I had the turn down tip on. Hope this helps. You wouldn't regret getting this sytem.

#27 ·
Eric

Mine does the same thing and I try to avoid water but everytime we get back to the parking I would noticed my airbox has some water and noticed that my filter does get dirty pretty dirty. Was wondering if I could install another Outerwear to eliminate the water issue but mainly to keep less dust coming into the box.

I'll test the water resistant tomorrow

Thanks

#28 ·
But it does stick out past the first part of the prm desert grab bar and that is what I have. Eric (the flying xx) has that setup as well and he had to trim his. I wonder the size difference and performance difference between the hmf pro and the barkers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.