Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came back from my first "real" ride this past weekend after installing the big three about 4 months ago! I rode from about 3500 to 5500 feet in cold, muddy conditions. I LOVE the combo of my HMF QRS pipe and the HMF/Dobeck programmer. She ran liked a raped ape and I had no issues at all. The QRS pipe sounds awesome, IMO. Not too loud, but sounds very beefy when you lay into it. The pipe/programmer/Velocity combo made quite a difference on the way she pulls in second and third gear. No need to gear it down either, at least for me, but I do virtually no rock crawling. The changes made a good ride even better. In fact, this is the best trail quad ever built. This thing kicks the shit out of the Raptor I used to ride, and I loved it. I absolutely love this machine, and the additions I put on have been all worth the money. FYI- the Pro Armor nerfs are great as well. Now if my Razr's would just get here I'd be set!

Rocky Mountain shipped my front Razr 2's...should be here tomorrow....

·
Registered
551 Posts
My razr 2's helped out soooo much cant find the words! u'll love them!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Did you check/clean your filter and intake after the ride? I was wondering how the velocity did. I like using the foam just for the extra protection that foam is supposed to give. The extra air flow is still quite tempting, and I don't think that the protection can be all that much worse.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
The Velocity now comes with a foam outerwear

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A foam outerwear for the Velocity? That doesn't make much sense. Mine came with a regular Outerwear.

I didn't check my intake, but my filter was as clean as when I oiled it and put it in. But there was NO dust on this ride, just mud and water. There was just a touch of water and mud in the bottom of my airbox. The main reason that I decided to get the EHS airbox lid was to give my system the added protection since I went with the Velocity filter. I should get the benefit of great airflow, with minimal dirt even getting to the filter itself except when it is really dusty out.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Sounds like a good deal. I pretty sure I'll be staying with my UNI because here in Nebraska it is very windy and besides last year, we have not been getting much rain for quite awhile, so it gets very dusty, plus I ride a bunch of dirt/gravel roads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts