Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

HMF slip-on

4K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  masterlink 
#1 ·
Do I need to EFI tuner with a HMF slip-on?? Ive heard yes from some people and no from others...im confused. Could somebody help me out please.

thanks

#2 ·
Only if you want to go faster and have better throttle response.

#6 ·
"the slip-on products" A slip-on is referring to mufflers. It's not a line of products. No, you do not lose performance when installing a slip-on. Skier's comment was sarcasm.

#8 ·
http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2634

Basically what is being said is a slip on and filter is as far as you can go without a programmer but the programmer is recommended.
Myself I'm going with a filter first (cheapest, already ordered), the slip-on and finally a programmer (most expensive) as the funds become available.

#10 ·
StepNez. If you are just in it for the sound there are exhaust tips that make it throatier. I picked one up from 2R Racing for about forty. I too couldnt spend the money on a exhaust right yet. I love the sound and it looks nice too.

#12 ·
Slip On....Programmer?

Called HMF today and they said you need a programmer, even with a slip-on. They may be just trying to get some extra cashish out of me, don't know. Called FMF today and they said no to the programmer with just a slip on. That was for their 4.1.

Thinking about saving up the cash to the do the whole thing. Anybody have any thoughts about HMF products? Anybody have any luck and good results with just aslip-on? When your on a budget there is a big difference between 300 and 850.

On a different note FMF, has that 20% off sale that ends this month.

#13 ·
I have the HMF QRS slip on and their programmer. I have been very happy with it. It took out some of the lag between 2nd and 3rd, and it really helped with the bogging issue the XX has in stock form. Sound is good, not too loud.

#14 ·
I did the exact same thing Tory did.FMF has some pretty cool end caps to.

#15 ·
You Wont Have Far To Drive To The Hatfield Mccoy Trails Living In West Virginia!

#16 ·
No not really.about an hour drive for me.im 70 miles above charlestown.there's a section of the trail system right below there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.